Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big thanks to ImNoPrince for setting me up with a parts list on what I'd need to get this done. It's a pretty straight forward install, you just need a shifter rod, footpeg mounting kit, and shifter lever. The only problems I had was finding a screw which would go through both linkage heads and into the shifter arm. I ended up rethreading the hole and putting a locking nut on the back end of it to be safe. It works great and is awesome for long rides when you want to stretch your legs. total cost was under 300 bucks, you can probably do it for much less with used parts but I wanted it all powdercoated to match the frame. Sorry about the poor quality pics, I used my cell phone. The only thing that might be annoying to some people is that the kick stand comes close to the shifter-rod but I got used to it after a couple of kicks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Glad I could Help I got most of my Info from here as was glad I could pass it on. Suxs about not finding that screw but no big deal , I've had to tap a few other things as well.

Looks real good PCed and yea it took me some time to use to the kickstand while out I still keep the clutch in so I don't accidentally drop it into gear with my Icon riding shoes lol.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks fellas, this forum is awesome!

·
Registered
156 Posts
could have used that set up last night. one of the mount bolts snapped and the whole footpeg, shifter went limp, had to kick it into second and limp her back home. In a way i am lucky cause was thinking of taking her last weekend for a 300mile tour. took the EG instead. now off to the stealer for "looks like we"ll have to order that". I just need the bolt and spacer.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just rethread the hole and put a longer screw with a locknut on the back. It won't go anywhere. I'm surprised HD doesnt do that anyway considering the amount of vibration and movement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts