Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped the V-rod in stop and go traffic the other day. Was one of those things where it just seemed to happen SO fast, that I can't even break it down into a chain of events. Basically, we were in stop and go traffic (about 1 car length at a time) for about a mile. I think I got so into the monotonous cycle of doing this, that I obviously wasn't paying close attention. While starting out for about the 50th time, I must have looked away for a split second. Next thing a know, the car in front of me is stopped, and I'm about 2 feet off her bumper. The front end nose dived simultaneous with hitting her rear bumper and to the ground I went. The bike landed on the right side. The front fender is scuffed at the tip, the profile mirror and chrome master cylinder for front brake are junk, my v-mods have minor scrapes that I can probably live with. The worst is that the frame is tweaked were the right side peg goes in.

I am absolutely disgusted, but well aware that it could have been worse and that the bike can be fixed. It just really sucks when it is something so boneheaded and preventable. I little road rash on my forearm and a sore foot from the peg pinning it down are my current reminders. Going to the dealer tomorrow to get things going with repairs.

Be careful out there. Don't let your guard down for even a second like I did.:banghead:

·
What -- Me worry?
471 Posts
That sux! Sorry to hear that it happened. Makes you wonder why more states than just California don't allow lane splitting. There's no need to be stuck in traffic like that.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Sorry to hear that. $hit happens, the bike can be repaired. Dont forget Zinnati's (spl?) and Hales offer 20% off. Dont get hosed by the stealer.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
spepin said:
That sux! Sorry to hear that it happened. Makes you wonder why more states than just California don't allow lane splitting. There's no need to be stuck in traffic like that.
:them: NOt only what happened to you but being a sitting duck for getting rear ended another reason for lane splitting.

·
Registered
553 Posts
VRCHIP said:
Dropped the V-rod in stop and go traffic the other day. Was one of those things where it just seemed to happen SO fast, that I can't even break it down into a chain of events. Basically, we were in stop and go traffic (about 1 car length at a time) for about a mile. I think I got so into the monotonous cycle of doing this, that I obviously wasn't paying close attention. While starting out for about the 50th time, I must have looked away for a split second. Next thing a know, the car in front of me is stopped, and I'm about 2 feet off her bumper. The front end nose dived simultaneous with hitting her rear bumper and to the ground I went. The bike landed on the right side. The front fender is scuffed at the tip, the profile mirror and chrome master cylinder for front brake are junk, my v-mods have minor scrapes that I can probably live with. The worst is that the frame is tweaked were the right side peg goes in.

I am absolutely disgusted, but well aware that it could have been worse and that the bike can be fixed. It just really sucks when it is something so boneheaded and preventable. I little road rash on my forearm and a sore foot from the peg pinning it down are my current reminders. Going to the dealer tomorrow to get things going with repairs.

Be careful out there. Don't let your guard down for even a second like I did.:banghead:
Don't feel too bad...
July 4th after riding all day, and swinging by my mother's where I had two glasses of wine on a very hot day, I rode home, pulling up to the car port and for some damn reason I thought I had put the jiffy stand down...

So in almost slow motion the bike and I went over together as I sought to lay it over on the stand... My opps only very slightly marred the extreme edge of the chrome of the lower belt guard and pulley very slightly, but I felt as stupid as it gets staring up from on my back with my bike laying on my leg...

I learned two things, first to always make sure that stand is down, and second I suppose is that I'll be passing on the second glass of wine when riding from now on... (grin)...

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Dropped my VFR (last bike) rather embarrassingly on a right turn. Another one of those "I can't believe I did that" type drops.

What caused it?

Had the bike in second gear.

Started to make the turn, bike stalls.

Over she goes.

Usual scuffs and scrapes, I was mortified though.

Ah well, got more than I paid for it when I traded it in against my DX so all's well that end's well!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts