Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. I'd appreciate your advice. I have a 2002 VRSCA. I've owned this bike for about a year. Not for long interstate rides but what a great bike. And got it for nearly nothing. I couldn't believe how cheap I got it for. In great shape. My only real complaint is the driver footpegs. As you can kinda see if you zoom in, they are so tiny and very uncomfortable on my legs and feet wh
20200514_121454.jpg Screenshot_20210112-144804_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210112-144756_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210112-144804_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210112-144756_Chrome.jpg ile driving. I seriously think they are an inch wide. I want to take them off and put them on for the passenger. On the HD website, the largest I saw that are compatible are 4 inches, but they're on back order. What have you guys used? Any recommendations, like aftermarket sites, part #s, etc...........

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Hello everyone. I'd appreciate your advice. I have a 2002 VRSCA. I've owned this bike for about a year. Not for long interstate rides but what a great bike. And got it for nearly nothing. I couldn't believe how cheap I got it for. In great shape. My only real complaint is the driver footpegs. As you can kinda see if you zoom in, they are so tiny and very uncomfortable on my legs and feet while driving. I seriously think they are an inch wide. I want to take them off and put them on for the passenger. On the HD website, the largest I saw that are compatible are 4 inches, but they're on back order. What have you guys used? Any recommendations? View attachment 606355
Some have used floor boards. Availability, not sure on that.
Ron

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
If you are over 5'11" and your problem is your knees are bent a lot then you may want to consider the extended controls I make. They greatly help in many ways. First is that your knees being bent mean that you are constantly "hugging" the bike with your legs because the wind is forcing them outward. This can cause your thighs to get fatigued. Second is that if your knees are bent a lot your feet want to slide off the pegs. I think this is your major problem. If you want you can check out what I sell at Altered State. Messaging me through the website if you have any questions.

If you just want footpegs and the issue is your feet sliding off I recommend the Arlen Ness Smoothie pegs. They have a flange on the very outside of the peg and this will help with your feet wanting to slide off. Be careful with floorboard type pegs because they will affect the lean angle depending on how big and the angle. Also MAKE SURE you replace the 6mm bolt at the frame that holds the controls in if you do floorboards. The bolt that is in there is the worst bolt I have ever seen on a motorcycle and can not handle any kind of rotational force which you will have with floorboards.

-Keith

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put on Rizoma pegs, gives it a bit of a European look/feel. Had to get an adapter as well. They matched Rizoma bar end mirrors pretty well. Wasn't cheap, but it looks great, and tons of grip so my feet aren't slipping off, and it's a nice, unique look/feel from the usual spikes and skulls in the HD world.

J.Ja

1 - 10 of 10 Posts