Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you s have had your drive belt fail, break, ect..
i have around 50000 mile and am thinking to replace it for the hellofit.
it still looks whole though, no visible cracks.

I was told it's good to use wax on them or the poly oil Harley sells, any comments?

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I keep an eye on mine for any unusual wear.I don't know what the suggested time or mileage is for replacement of a belt that isn't damaged.
I replaced one @ 27k because it had a cut in the weaving on the side from road debris.
I clean them with soap and water often because I've noticed that dust is one of the reasons for them to howl.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I have a 2002 Road King with 150,000 miles on it. Original belt. My VRSCX has 88,000 miles on the same belt. My 2003 has 38,000 miles, same belt.

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
belt

show off

I have a 2002 Road King with 150,000 miles on it. Original belt. My VRSCX has 88,000 miles on the same belt. My 2003 has 38,000 miles, same belt.

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
I broke one at about 20k but I feel I had the tension too tight.

·
VROD1
156 Posts
Broken Drive Belt

After 78K miles on my '02 the belt snapped. Couldn't figure out why I had no power, shift gears, rev up nothing. Pulled to the side and buddy said; "you're going no-where"... WTF? He came behind bike and pulled the belt out. Ahh, as I thought I might have lost the clutch. Local Harley shops not in stock.... Chicago Harley ship out same day, NICE! VRSCA Harley specific part. Never know how many miles you'll get out of them. So many factors come into play. Just glad it didn't happen in the middle of nowhere! Read the fine print on your Roadside Assistance Policies.

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
what the hell is he/she talking about

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
jennysmith Drive belt gives power to the water pump, A.C., Power Steering, Power Brakes and so many accessories, if drive belt gets damage or break then certain components will fail to operate. so its necessary to replace them periodically.

Yea most of Jenny's post are of car referents. It's like someone is trying out an artificial intelligence bot and it does not know its on a bike site.

·
Asatruar
2,965 Posts
what the hell is he/she talking about
I've read a few of the posts from this person and I'm not sure if these are jokes, killing time, or just plain nuts. None of these posts provided any useful information.
jennysmith Drive belt gives power to the water pump, A.C., Power Steering, Power Brakes and so many accessories, if drive belt gets damage or break then certain components will fail to operate. so its necessary to replace them periodically.

Yea most of Jenny's post are of car referents. It's like someone is trying out an artificial intelligence bot and it does not know its on a bike site.

Customer Service Dept. H-D/India. :goof:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts