Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 07 Niterod Special and heard that drilling out the exhaust will improove its oh so lame sound. If I drill 8, 5/16" holes in the end of each pipe, is there a downside?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I made this modification on my 06 night rod with no problem, the sound is better, no need to modify fuel management and I didn't notice power loss
But after a while I went a step further by removing the baffles completely (the so-called V-mod) nicer and louder sound, but one may find it's too much

·
Registered
57 Posts
I did the same on my 06 nightrod, the day after I brought it! Sounds good, not too loud. No need to change anything else and does not affect warranty. Eventually I may change the pipes and trick it up but at the moment it's awesome!

·
06 RED TURBO SE2
110 Posts
Was the removal of the baffles an easy job? I have a n 2006 VRSCSE2 Screamin' Ealgle that needs something - untill I figure out the pipes that I am going to use.

·
Registered
309 Posts
What about something inbetween. I've drilled my exhaust but it could use some more. I don't think I want to take the baffles out completely. What about drilling the baffles also? Is there any way to get some more sound without going too far?

·
Registered
512 Posts
COVROD said:
What about something inbetween. I've drilled my exhaust but it could use some more. I don't think I want to take the baffles out completely. What about drilling the baffles also? Is there any way to get some more sound without going too far?
Not that i know of.... maybe drill bigger holes??

Take the baffles out and if it is too loud send them to V Mod and they can install some small baffles in to quieten them down a little

·
Registered
116 Posts
Where are the baffles? How do you drill them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts