Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I think it totally defeats the V-rod concept.It's ugly.Anybody wants one I have a 750 honda that looks a hell of alot better.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I expect something like this from the moco in a couple of years.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have but one response to that :yak:

·
Registered
472 Posts
We're going to see the Revolution motor in a lot more models in years to come. Get used to different formats. The V-rod will not be the only platform for our motor. I welcome the evolution (no pun intended).

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
picture this 2 up crusing along side ultra classic ;) , drop it to 3rd and kick it :sinister: .......this is what a real bike should run like. :notworth:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
The owner of that site is a member here and checks in from time to time. He seems like a nice guy but has a little different idea about the V-Rod then I do but that is everyones choice.

Max

·
Do It Movin...
1,180 Posts
These look a little better... NTW, I ain't buying. But the concept seems ok in black or the silver/black combo.
The HD bags flow a little nicer too.

The motor rocks HD has to move it to more platforms.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Best of both Worlds

I can't be mad at the concept on a long ride 8-12hr tour, seems like a life saver room for more fuel coming. Once you get to ware your going, :biker: transform go from Gezzer-Rod to V-Rod in 10 mikes. It looks like a cross between a E-glide an a R-King but slicker. It was made to apease the old guard harley-riders. It's there future and they will embrace it more so than our bike its the wind of change. Once it takes on say goodbye to Burell the V-rod will take their place and hello to a R-king, S-tail and sportster all with our motor time will tell were only the start give it 10yrs this is all you will see :biker:

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Why waste the time,effort and money.Just buy a road king or a classic and stop putzin around with the V-Rod.You would have to cover the whole bike to make it look like a bagger.Why not a big plastic bubble so that it could have A/C and heat.Oh yea what about surround sound and maybe a dvd player.Then we could call it a BMW.
Just leave it alone,don't play with it just flush the damn thing.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
All I wish for is a little more comfort for the wife. And maybe a trunk. Hell, I'm half way there already. I really don't like the front fairing and boards. (I rode with a SE Road King from New Orleans to Daytona.) If the trunk, big backrest was easily removable......

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
It's always a dilemma when you can't afford or aren't willing to have two bikes, touring or cruising?

I'm looking forward to the touring versions of the VRSC. Not to sell the V-Rod but to allow me to go minimalist on the V-Rod and use the touring bike when I want to ride 2 up or do some serious distance.

Until then I make the V-Rod as comfortable as I can for me an my wife but I refuse to transform it into something it isn't. :2cents:

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
If someone said - "How would you like an E Glide Ultra that performs like a v-rod?" I'd say "Absolutely!" What shakes us is that we can see the v-rod under the fairing and bags, and the slammed and stretched profile with the flowing lines clash with the add on bits. The design harmony is lost because we are so used to the bike in it's native or near native state. It also doesn't gel, IMHO because the bike was never designed for these additions so adding them creates a visual conflict because theyt look tacked on - bit like a house renovation where the extra bits don't work with what was there already. It is very subjective though. Taking the motor, with modifications for cruise rpms, torque and extra fuel and working back from the EGUC set up to fit it would be a better idea from a design point of view. Same as you don't try to turn the v-rod into a sport bike (although a few have had a prety good crack at it!) - you take the engine and work it into the right chassis.

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
Karl Scott said:
If someone said - "How would you like an E Glide Ultra that performs like a v-rod?" I'd say "Absolutely!"
When the rumors about H-D introducing a "new bike" in the V-Rod family started last year, I was convinced that they would make some sort of a "touring" bike model. Therefore I was less than impressed by their "unveiling" of the B model. Seriously, how many engineering manyears did it take them to de-chrome the engine, paint the frame black; and slightly redesign the instrument cluster?

In all fairness to H-D, though, they are notoriously slow to introduce new models. For one thing, they don't really need to, since they already have a pretty good-selling touring line as it is. And for another, I've been really impressed by how much testing goes into each bike before it is released for production. Another reason Harley has (generally) such good quality control.

I think that excellent testimony to the effectiveness of the V-Rod as a touring machine has been given by several of our forum members who have taken their V-Rods on extended treks, most recently to Daytona. With the right bags, a few add-on electronics (GPS, iPod!?!), and the right attitude it seems to do pretty well, although I'm sure that some of our Australian members might like a little more fuel range before they go walkabout with one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts