Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
I purchased the Drag Specialties 'Handlebar Control Chrome Bolt Kit' part # MVR107 through Mainstreet Motorcycles. The bolts for the lids of the hydraulic reservoirs don't fit, they are way too short :( . And worse, neither the guys at Drag Specialties nor Mainstreet Motorcycles responded to my mail, regarding the problem. So - be carefull, I'll look everywhere else before buying at Drag Specialties again. If they handle 'cheap' parts problems like this - what if it costs a fortune....

·
Submariner
186 Posts
Roland said:
Hi everybody,
I purchased the Drag Specialties 'Handlebar Control Chrome Bolt Kit' part # MVR107 through Mainstreet Motorcycles. The bolts for the lids of the hydraulic reservoirs don't fit, they are way too short :( . And worse, neither the guys at Drag Specialties nor Mainstreet Motorcycles responded to my mail, regarding the problem. So - be carefull, I'll look everywhere else before buying at Drag Specialties again. If they handle 'cheap' parts problems like this - what if it costs a fortune....
Roland,

Don't know when you sent your email, but I've found the guys at Main Street to be very helpful, even to the point of going above and beyond. Give 'em time - I'm sure they'll take care of you.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Roland,

You probably won't get any response until next week. Most of the Drag Specialties company as well as Chopper Steve from Mainstreet Motorcycles are in Daytona Beach Florida for Bikeweek.

Once they get back I'm sure Steve and Mainstreet will respond and take care of you, he has a great reputation for service.

Mark

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right you are - as far as Steve is concerned, I had already very good support from him and I love the pipes ;-)). That's why I just said I'll think again before buying Drag Specialties products again. And it is not a Daytona problem - the response is due since two weeks at least. Maybe I'll meet them there...

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe I'll do this, but then I start like feeling like begging for a substitute, which I don't like at all. I purchased the polished bolts set for the hydraulic reservoirs as a Harley part in the meantime and guess I'll just leave it as it is. I just wanted to let you know that the parts don't fit and how - especially - the Drag Specialty guys reacted or rather failed to...

·
Registered
974 Posts
You will not be begging, You will be offering for him to sustain his good standing as a businessman and honorable forum citizen !
It will all be fine. I am sure he just has not seen this yet.
He has always taken care of everyone.
BobT

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
If the controls are hd and the bolts are ds this might be the problem, you might need bolts for hd controls? Good luck Greg..... PS e-mail Steve he is a super guy and he will fix it if it can be done.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
D.S. sells the bolts for HD stock handlebars, so from that point they should fit. And, I'm sure as well that Steve would do something about it, but I see the problem mainly at D.S.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
I suspect (hope) Steve is in Daytona.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Roland - thats a longish ride to Orlando from Germany.....

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
I have dealt with Steve and the boys at Mainstreet a lot and have always found them much better to deal with on the phone then through email. As a matter of fact, I don't email them anymore, I just call. I would recommend you do the same. I'm postive they'll sort it all out for you - they are great guys to deal with.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah guys - I'll sort it out with Steve! Just beware that some D-S parts don't fit.

@Daniii: Right You are! And crazy enough, I'll arrive in MIA Thursday afternoon, drive up to Daytona for the night and fly back on Friday eve from MIA. I hope it's worth it....

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
I meant to add Roland that I bought the DS master cylinder covers (DS-373813) from Mainstreet and they fit fine. Seems odd that DS's chrome bolt kit wouldn't fit if the actual cover fit. Thanks for the heads-up.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Roland: Well then - we'll have a beer on me sometime Friday after the HD bash.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@Choppersteve
Thanks for your post, I'll write to the link.

@Daniii
Already back in Germany amd sorry we didn't meet. I had to make my way back at Friday noon to catch theplane in MIA. (And it was worth going!!)

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As everybody (including me in this point) was expecting: ChopperSteve took over and handles the problem. Thanks again here that anybody can see!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts