Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
looking good man!

its like looking at my bike when I look at pics of yours.... i dont have a pssenger setup, and I have different mirrors. Other than that the only difference I see is i have 11.5" progressives, looks like you bought the 12" shocks!

i give it my seal of approval!

·
Shady
255 Posts
What bars are those from flanders.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
any of you guys want to get rid of your A/AW bars and clamshell setup please let me know....I want to experiment with a taller bar on a DX....as the DX bars with forward controls IMO are good for about 20 minutes then you get fatigued....thanks guys

dan

·
Fitzy - 1302
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the new riding stance. I slouched before with the stock setup, and now it feels more like an aggressive stance but comfortable.

I had cut my stock shocks down to 11.5" and looked great, but I scraped the ---! out of my cfr. Then ordered progressive 13" and ride on the #2 setting. Works well for me.

The bars are from drag speacialties. They are a drag bar with a slight pull back. I ordered them thru the harley dealer, I think I payed $111.00. Use the part # ds 300-111 on the drag specialties site and they should come up.

Soon to come - custom paint this fall. Would also like to put a turbo on it.

·
Shady
255 Posts
Would those bars work with a A clamshell and riser.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
dstlvb said:
Would those bars work with a A clamshell and riser.
no.. the d/b riser accomidates a standard 1" bar that bolts into the clamshell.. the a clamsheel is more cosmetic than functional.. the bars on an A have the risers built into it like a set of drag bars on a deuce or a fatboy.. they are what you would call a "t-bar". Then the clamshell has 2 bolts that hold it together to the bars.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ordered drag bars from v-mod but they've been backordered for a couple weeks. I'm looking at doing the same thing you did with the "B" kit instead.

Besides the bar, is all I need for a swap from the A to B is the B's riser kit?

Looks bad ass by the way!

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
chris40oz77 said:
I ordered drag bars from v-mod but they've been backordered for a couple weeks. I'm looking at doing the same thing you did with the "B" kit instead.

Besides the bar, is all I need for a swap from the A to B is the B's riser kit?

Looks bad ass by the way!
you will need the b riser kit, nd the hardware for it.. it doesnt come with any mounting hardware out of the box.. not sure what all can be reused fromt he a clamshell, you will probably need to order the hardware when you order the b riser kit... and dotn forget to get the bezel as well, the b riser kit doesnt come with a bezel, and i am not sure if the chrome A bezel will fit it or not

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
A/AW Bezel wont work..you need entire setup from B....think its in the HD accessories book in Vrod section for 115 bucks in black.

Dan

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
NOS-DAN said:
A/AW Bezel wont work..you need entire setup from B....think its in the HD accessories book in Vrod section for 115 bucks in black.

Dan
but it doesnt come with the bezel, which is what I was saying... i bought one and opened the box, it had a base that bolted to the triple tree, the top clamp and the base to the gauge mount... no hardware included, no bezel

·
Fitzy - 1302
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
From the A set-up you will only use the two bottom bolts from the top tree. Order the rest of the hardware needed and the bezel for a B. Chrome (plastic) $24ish or black (metal) $44ish. And the finishing touch - Arlen Ness mirrors $51 ea.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm gonna sound like a complete newbie here but what part is the bezel? Is that the entire black housing or the trim around the guages?

·
Fitzy - 1302
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The bezel is the trim that goes around the guage. Its the last piece that goes on using the B riser.

Attachments

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
thanks wicked.. i was at lunch and didnt get to answer in time

1 - 20 of 44 Posts