Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any drag bars that will fit my 07 aw. I'm looking to move forward an inch or two.Also any idea on price and anything else that would be involved?

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
the hd drag bars are a good start and cheap $109 if you can find them in stock. Vmod bars are nice looking too once installed but definitely not on the cheap side.

I am working with a guy on trying to produce some drag bars affordably.. i havent gotten to work on it much, my real job has been killing me.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Slipknotnos said:
well the harley drag bars that I found say they fit vrods 02-05. will they work on my bike?
yes they work.. thats the ones I have on mine. If you pull up the part numbers for an 07 stock bar and an 05 stock bar, they are the same part number.

·
Shady
255 Posts
I have the HD drag bars on my 07AW. No problem. They lower and move foward an inch.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Slipknotnos said:
How do you know between a and b risers?
the A bars are like typical tbars with a pullback... the risers are welded to the bars. The bars actually bolt to the triple tree and then the gauge cluster is held into place by the clamshell

with the b bars the riser is the gauge mount. the bottom bolts to the triple tree, then the handle bar goes into the 1" groove, the the top of the cluster bolts to the bottom holding the bars into place

·
Premium Member
4,958 Posts
Slipknotnos said:
Are there any drag bars that will fit my 07 aw. I'm looking to move forward an inch or two.Also any idea on price and anything else that would be involved?

I'm thinking you would want to rephrase that question, before asking it, in a crowded, elevator

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
laconia76 said:
I'm thinking you would want to rephrase that question, before asking it, in a crowded, elevator
Ha ha.. considering we're talking risers and all..

Hey, I must be dum coz I can't find the HD drag bars on their website... Could someone be nice enough to point me in the right direction?

·
Lifetime Member
5,213 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
the A bars are like typical tbars with a pullback... the risers are welded to the bars. The bars actually bolt to the triple tree and then the gauge cluster is held into place by the clamshell

with the b bars the riser is the gauge mount. the bottom bolts to the triple tree, then the handle bar goes into the 1" groove, the the top of the cluster bolts to the bottom holding the bars into place
That's correct. The A type risers, the bars attach to the top tree.

The B type risers sandwich the bars and any one inch bar will fit.

·
Shady
255 Posts
As far as the HD drag bars they were discontinued so you have to find a HD dealer with them in stock. I took my dealers last one. You might want them to verify physicly if they have them. Sometimes there computers are wrong.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
agreed with the above post... ther are getting very hard to get now.. if I am successful at making me some new bars, my hd bars will be up for sale.

·
Fitzy - 1302
1,075 Posts
In the new 08 catalog, vrod section.There is the black b model riser kit for 115.00. (cheap). And then order a flanders bar from drag specialties #ds 300 111. Looks good!

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
wicked said:
In the new 08 catalog, vrod section.There is the black b model riser kit for 115.00. (cheap). And then order a flanders bar from drag specialties #ds 300 111. Looks good!
yep

i already bought my bars... i drove 2 hours to pick up a riser kit only to find it had crate damage!!!!! the damn paint was chipped off!!

the guy in parts told me he would discount it to compensate me.. then the dick offered me 10%... i told him not to insult me, turned around and drove 2 hours back home empty handed.

·
Fitzy - 1302
1,075 Posts
My riser kit also had chipped paint, I got them to give me all the mounting hardware in stainless for free! I knew I was going to paint my bike this fall other wise I would have told them the same!

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
wicked said:
My riser kit also had chipped paint, I got them to give me all the mounting hardware in stainless for free! I knew I was going to paint my bike this fall other wise I would have told them the same!
wow thats crazy!!!
I was supposed to be getting my riser kit from 07dx on here off his "07 DX" but it seems to be taking forever for his new setup to come in and I am too impatient..LOL

If I end up buying a new one what kind bolts mounting hardware did you need to switch to this? I noticed it didnt come with anything, and with going from an AW to the D riser I will have to buy all this hardware separate.

·
Fitzy - 1302
1,075 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
wow thats crazy!!!
I was supposed to be getting my riser kit from 07dx on here off his "07 DX" but it seems to be taking forever for his new setup to come in and I am too impatient..LOL

If I end up buying a new one what kind bolts mounting hardware did you need to switch to this? I noticed it didnt come with anything, and with going from an AW to the D riser I will have to buy all this hardware separate.
The dealer can look up which screws you will need. 3 or 4 for your guage, 2 for the hinged halfs, and 4 for the clamps for the bars. you will use the original bolts from the A bars to mount the new riser. You will also need to order a new bezel for the guages to fit the new B riser. $25 for the plastic chrome or $45 for the black metal bezel. All takes 45 min or so!

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
What about using the stock bars from an 07 X ?

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
wicked said:
The dealer can look up which screws you will need. 3 or 4 for your guage, 2 for the hinged halfs, and 4 for the clamps for the bars. you will use the original bolts from the A bars to mount the new riser. You will also need to order a new bezel for the guages to fit the new B riser. $25 for the plastic chrome or $45 for the black metal bezel. All takes 45 min or so!
n/m... i drilled out the triple tree last night and ran a regular set of risers with a SE style bar chromed

1 - 20 of 24 Posts