Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gettin some soon for looks but I'm a little worried about handling. Do drag bars make handling a worse.

Any tips or techniques on improving my turns as well?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I recently installed a set of V-mod no rise drag bars on my 2003 "A" model.

The first time out riding after installing the drag bars was very awkward.

It felt like a totally different bike. The first few times out riding I wasn't sure if I was happy with my decision to switch to drag bars.

After having the bars on for a few months now, I have gotten used to how the bike handles and I have no regrets.

The steering seems to be more responsive and I really like the more forward aggressive riding position.

·
Registered
67 Posts
drag bars

LOVE THEM installed them on my 07 vrscaw though i have handling prolbom but NOT the bars made bike handling better rolls into corners better and i,am 6.0 ft so how i lean more forward so my lower back feels better:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Love dragbars. Even have some installed on my roadking....

In limbo whether to drop the coin on some Rizomas or just install some drag bars....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hands down wish I went to drag bars when I first picked up my "B". I did the Z bars from VMod. It made the ride position, handlebar height and everything perfect IMO.

·
(Peter)
488 Posts
I think the forward leaning riding position makes it easier to manuver the bike in most cases, however for long trips they are not my favorite. Wish I had the ability to swap risers when going on long trips, however not so easy on the A with the one peice bar and riser. Had I realized this up front I would have gone with separate bars and risers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts