Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who all has them?Other than the HD bars(I have for the moment).I got this bug and I'm looking for info from the people who have them.

What I need to know is what length ,rise,and pullback you are running.?
And what did you do with the clam shell(gage cluster).

:confused: :helpme:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
vrodvinny said:
Who all has them?Other than the HD bars(I have for the moment).I got this bug and I'm looking for info from the people who have them.

What I need to know is what length ,rise,and pullback you are running.?
And what did you do with the clam shell(gage cluster).

:confused: :helpme:

Talk to Sam he made mine! :D

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was planning on making a pair.How wide are yours?

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
vrodvinny said:
I was planning on making a pair.How wide are yours?
"ENOUGH"
:kaz:

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Vinny, my T-bars are 30 inches wide. They have a rise of 8 and a pullback of 8 I believe. I am also 5'4" so they had to be that size for me. It has some to do with your height, arm length etc. The ones with a 4" rise were a real stretch for someone of my stature. That seems to be the normal for the t-bars I have seen. Good luck!

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dan,
What did you do for the gage cluster?Got any pics?How did your Thr.cables and brake,clutch lines fit?
I'm 5'10 so I would like to go with a 4" rise and 30"wide T-bar, or get some stock bars and grind the risers off,and weld some drag bar to them.That way I can use the gage cluster.

·
backcracker
735 Posts
I got an aftermarket airbox from Customworks for the cluster and am having it painted now. The throttle cables are fine but the other lines I have to replace, they are too short to reach the bars. But the 4" rise bars should be fine to use the stock stuff. I am hoping to have pics by Tuesday, that is when all is supposed to be done. Of course it was supposed to be done tomorrow but you know how that goes.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Dan said:
I got an aftermarket airbox from Customworks for the cluster and am having it painted now. The throttle cables are fine but the other lines I have to replace, they are too short to reach the bars.
How did you route the wires from the controls (I assume they're inside the bars)? Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Check out the Rizoma bars...... solves the problem with the cluster guage.
Check out badrods pics in the forum gallery for a good example.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
VrodRick74, do you have the vmod drag bars? I've been considering these but would like some feedback as well as some pics from different angles.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I too would love to see a few pics of the V-Mod drag bars on a bike and maybe a couple different angles.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just picked up the V-Mod drag bars and will have them on my bike in a week. I will post some pics.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Finally, I can't wait. Do the wires get routed internally on those dragbars jfrost?

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
jfrost4120 said:
I just picked up the V-Mod drag bars and will have them on my bike in a week. I will post some pics.
You can hide wires in those bars by drilling a hole in the dimple where the controls go and one big hole in the middle of the clamshell.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you want the wires routed internally, you can request it of Chopper Steve and he will drill for you. They normally come with the "dimples" on each side, which assist in hiding the cabling somewhat. Either way. BTW I am 5'10'' too and they feel as though they are going to be comfortable.

·
9 second club member
2,326 Posts
I just got done welding the HD drag (part#56558-95) for FXSTB and sporties to my stcok risers. Will do the install tomorrow These bars are only 27" wide and have a pull back of 3.88. Thinking of cutting the riser down some also.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Dan said:
Yeah, they run through the bars. I had someone do it for me, I screwed it up when I tried myself.
I'm actually interested in how you routed them from the point the wires exit the bars and go into the triple tree. I assume the holes in the bars are above the triple tree so the wires are exposed.

·
Registered
587 Posts
We have installed 8 1/2 rise, and 10 1/2 rise drg bars from carlini and white brothers gauges moved to our airbox. Additionally we have use the same wiring, However HD has a 4" and 8"? wiring extention for this too. DH

1 - 20 of 36 Posts