Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so...i wanna slam some drag bars on my 04 A model.

what all do i need to get? i've done some searching and stuff, but i cant really seem to find what i need to know.

i want to get every thing all @ once, so what all do i need to buy?
the bars i know, obviously, but is there other stuff i need?
do they just slide through the gauge cluster/riser on there now?
if not, where can i buy different gaugeclusters/risers?

imma get the Arlen ness battasti(or however you spell it) oval grips, but thats all i really know.

thanks homies. :notworth:

·
REGUL8
891 Posts
Drag Bars You Say??

There is a million posts out ther for Drag Bar installation, custom fab and for sale. I would recommend HD drag and run the wires through the bars. I am no mechanic or mechanically inclined but that was the easiest install I have ever done, thanks to Max and the other forum contributors.

Later

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
Didnt moco discontinue there drag bars??

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
Ergoguy34 said:
Didnt moco discontinue there drag bars??
Unfortunatley yes.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
Bro, just change out your riser to the B model and then you won't be limited to what bars you can put on. Just do a search on A to B Risers.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOOOOps . double post. Note to self - don't post when drinking - LOL

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Rizoma. They're the best looking I've seen. IMVHO. :D

·
The Hawk
3,785 Posts
The A model V Rods take special bars that have a bracket welded on them to hold the cluster pod. The B models have a different setup that uses a clamp as part of the riser and you can use any bar that fits the clamp. The B is much more versital and cheaper to swap bars on.

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
B riser allows for cheaper and more range of bars..however B riser swapout can get expensive in itself...check Vmod for a B riser kit for approx 249 i think??..

cheapest route overal is the H-D drag bars...109 in H-D book...however they are discontinued...BUT,there are MANY dealers who still have these bars instock....I found myself a set and love them,as they are a nice compromise between FLAT bars like V-MOD sells for 249,and the stock pullback bars..they are 1 inch lower and 1 inch forward...

Vmod as I mentioned is next cheapest way to go...they carry two sets...first set is a flat drag bar,with mount tabs for stock clamshell....and another is 2" rise set...which should be similar to H-D drag bars....both are 249.

any other setup,rizoma,carlini or breathless...require other type of gauge holders...and are quite expensive....if money is no object..rizoma are awesome....or use a breathless airbox and use carlinis...many members here have done these bars and look amazing....

some people are on limited budget,such as me..LOL...Ill be going with H-D drags...i like alittle pullback,but not as much as stock...with forward controls a true flat drag bar will be fatigueing after several miles,as your lower back will be in a C position..

Dan

·
Registered
519 Posts
Elgavilan said:
The A model V Rods take special bars that have a bracket welded on them to hold the cluster pod. The B models have a different setup that uses a clamp as part of the riser and you can use any bar that fits the clamp. The B is much more versital and cheaper to swap bars on.

Mike
And I have a brand new 2007 B/D riser sitting in my garage collecting dust if you want it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Rizoma's are by far the nicest I have seen, and the most expensive.... Has anyone tried Ness Flybars? I did a search and couldn't see if they would work, but they look pretty good

1 - 16 of 16 Posts