Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put my 2002 vrod down because of a deer. I just left for work at 11:30 pm pulled out of my driveway and like every other night twisted the throttle and quick shifted 2cd. Usually the deer stay clear when they hear the bike. Well this one decided to make a run for it. I low sided and the right peg dug into the asphalt stopping the bike from sliding however my forward momentum pushed clear through my tibia. So end result is right collar bone separation, 4 broken ribs in my back and a tibia plateau fracture with depression. 2 plates and 16 screws to fix it.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
So I put my 2002 vrod down because of a deer. I just left for work at 11:30 pm pulled out of my driveway and like every other night twisted the throttle and quick shifted 2cd. Usually the deer stay clear when they hear the bike. Well this one decided to make a run for it. I low sided and the right peg dug into the asphalt stopping the bike from sliding however my forward momentum pushed clear through my tibia. So end result is right collar bone separation, 4 broken ribs in my back and a tibia plateau fracture with depression. 2 plates and 16 screws to fix it.
Damn, that sucks. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Ron

·
Registered
52 Posts
I feel for you. I dropped mine in August- broke 7 bones in my foot and cracked the cartilage in my wrist. I’ve been working on my bike while waiting for the healing to finish up and will get back on the bike as soon as I am able. I hope you heal quickly!

Sam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts