Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who all went . great weather and I seen lots or v rods and lots of DX's , at least 10
I seen 2 x's also and 2 v rod trikes

I have only been one other year (last ) an only seen 1 dx other than mine last time .

·
Registered
837 Posts
I wish I could have gone. I didnt have any time to take off so it would have cost me a day in wages. A few friends went.

Ive gone down a few weekends this summer and seen some DX's and a few other models.

·
Rip it up!
301 Posts
Had the chance to make a run down Today, Busy and hot. Amazing how the crowds have grown over the years.

Around 6 V-rods spotted today.

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
I was working today on the road .I saw tons of bikes heading down.I also saw the police pulling bikes over on HWY # 24 .It looked like a inspection point.

·
Rip it up!
301 Posts
Very heavy Police presence today !!!!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I seen lots of police on the roads , my buddy got pulled over in simco for a check , he has a new xr1200 and his girl has a ducati , no problems for them other than time .

I felt it was orginized pretty good and the cops controlled traffic good .

What time do you need to get there to not have to park 10 blocks away lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dover experience

Hello to all

Went down with the boys from work. My vrod another Harley and two metrics. It was my first time down there. It was nice to see all the different bikes for sure. I did see a few night rods and a couple aw's. Also saw a 2007 vrod SE.

Man it was packed! Cool to be the vehicle of choice. No cars or trucks allowed into Port Dover for this event. Bikes only.

My buddy took all the pics. When I get them today I will try to post them soon for you guys to see.

Other then that, got the shirt, so I can at least say "Been there, done that"

Other than the seeing all the bikes, the other scenery was a huge disappointment!:boobs:

Don't think I will return next year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went down as well. It was a great time. Tonne of people and bikes. Mine was the X in the Tim Hortons parking lot. Did see one other X there. Wondering if the owner is on the site? A couple of aw's, dx's and a couple of se's and the trikes as well.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I heard it was sh1t. I had 10 buddies that went and they said it was fail.

Police everywhere pulling people over randomly, walking around with computers running plates.
$ 7 for a hot dog smaller than my cock.
35882179001 of the same annoying Indian vendors from the motorcycle supershow @ airport during winter who try to push their no name/fake leather jackets on you.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Ive never heard of one person thats been impressed with dover. Reason why I havent gone yet. Its just a really big gathering from what I understand.

I'll go one year, but I will have it planned out so that I can enjoy it some how.

·
Rip it up!
301 Posts
We left T.O. around 10 am and had no problem parking the bikes within 2 blocks of everything. Parked @ a house 6 of us in the back and 6 on the front lawn $5 per ride and the bottled water was only $1.
I make the journey every 5 yrs as any large gathering like this is somewhat annoying.
We were pulled and one of the group fined for unnecessary noise, the Police were a little uptight and we were instantly surrounded by at least 10 of them.
I go cause I was born on Fri 13th.

As for food ya gotta have the fish and such, it is a fishing port ?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I was there as well. Went down last year with a tonne of female riders, this just went down by myself, hooking up with many bikes the closer I got to Dover.
I left Wasaga at 9 am, got really really slow in Hagersville, arrived at Dover at 1 pm. Did not wantto drive into the
heart of of the hoopla, so I parked top of the hill, near the bridge.
I think ya gotta eperience once!!
Saw the v-trike, the SE, a few dx's, and a lot of bce custom paint jobs.
Cheerz

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
My brothers were all stoked to see Bad Company. One of them has a full sleeve Bad Co. on one arm and a full sleeve Led Zepplin on the other and he wanted to meet Paul Rodgers.

Apparently when the concert venue was changed from Port Dover to Grand Bend people lost interest. They went to Grand Bend and the concert was cancelled due to lack of ticket sales.

It seems to me that Port Dover is now getting to the point that authorities are discouraging adding additional things to prevent it from getting even bigger.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Yeah, Grand Bend gave refunds back and I know at least one band played (a locla band here, Bob Noxious) and they also gave a free CD to everyone.

GB is ****ing retarded for trying to compete against Dover on the 13th. Out of there mind.

·
Dtown's Mobile Tech.
901 Posts
We went, we worked nights so right after work we headed down, we were parking in front of Angelos at 6am by 8am it was getting busy, we were getting tired and did a loop down town and back out again, that would have been about the last time you could have done that as it was getting full real fast at that point.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I heard everyone started to pretty much clear out by 4. I havent been but I dont understand why they dont turn a 150,000 people meet up into something worth going to, and make it an actual event.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it could be better but I guess im easy and didnt expect much , I figured it would be hot and crowded and it was , I didnt expect to buy much as it would be hard to sell parts at a place only bikes drive to (cant take stuff home)
Food is usually pricey at any big event , we had fish and didnt find it bad and I had a burger at murphys and I think it was $4.50 for a burger and a water .
As for cops I didnt see tons walking around . I seen lots in cars on the way there . Our group never got bugged at all .

I'd go again but I wouldnt go out of my way to make sure im off work to go

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey Momma's boy

You didn't miss anything! Just a big crowd of people and bikes. Sure there were some nice machines, aka vrods! Other then that, nothing to write home about. Like I said, I had never been there so wanted to see what all the hoopla was about. Now I know.

Harley Kid

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.