Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DarkTari
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Vance & Hines Double Barrels Friday along with some dealer accessories. Needless to say Friday night was a late one but Saturday was gonna be a better one. Finished up around 3:30am, hadda crank it up (probably waking the neighbors), man now THIS is what a V Rod should sound like !!! I can now hear my own exhaust instead of EVERYBODY elses !! Saturday riding was a BLAST !!! Now off to the tuners this weekend...:D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Totally agree. Just put double barrels on recently myself. I totally love them. Vmod was too loud for me. These are perfect and I love the look. She seems to ride much better too!

·
She f...in Hates me!
800 Posts
I put mine on back in the spring and I love them also! The only problem is when I ride with my helmet on long rides it drones in the ears really bad. The other day I took the long way home about 60 total miles and when i got home I had a headache from the exhaust sound! I removed the baffles and pulled all the wadding off them and re installed them! The sound is a little louder. I can still here the wrrr in the upper engine up to about 3500 rpm but after that it's AWESOME!! and no more drone in the helmet!

·
V-Beast Pilot
54 Posts
I have an 04 B, with SE 16ga, basically the same thing, I think. Race tuner. The only baffle part still there is the cone, where the bolt is. Reversed that, so it necks down at the outlet. Runs really well, although there is definitely more room to tune... Sounds great, not too ignorant at idle, or with minimal throttle. Wide open, esp. above 4000rpm, it is loud as hell. Highly entertaining when whoopin' on crotch rocket kiddies...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Removing the baffles didn't mess with the tuning of the bike? And how much louder is it? I have double barrels. And looking to get it a lil bit louder

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
V-Beast Pilot
54 Posts
You will have to re-tune it. I would suggest some dyno time myself. You're probably gonna lose some torque, but gain some horsepower. Personal preference... I like it fast and loud...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts