Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Y'all... been bikeless for 2 years now since I sold my Ducati 748... started a new business and if I shred the corners in the mountains like I used to, I go down break an arm/leg/worse... I'm SOL and cant work as a dentist (used to be on faculty at a dental school).

Anyway, I'm picking up a new '07 VRSCDX Saturday :)

Couple of quick questions:

Man I hate to ask, BUT!

1) What aftermarket pipes do you recommend? I'm considering the tabperformance.com black pipes for my night rod.

Hey, at least I already know enough not to ask if I have to remap the computer... hahahah.

2) Does the dealership carry an EPROM performance chip that I can have them install like I did on my Duc748?

3) I've seen guys do rolling burnouts on their NRS's... slipping the clutch or dumping it, DONT LAUGH, is it possible to wheelie a VRSCDX?

I can wheelie my Duc748 and do standups, obviously a standup on Harley with a rear fender is impossible... but what about popping the nose up? Does the VRSCDX have enough power to wheelie the nose up? Or too heavy and just burnouts?

---------------

Please give me a break here and no flames... first post and who is this guy? Sportbike stunter? No. I'm 41, a dentist, 2 kids, wife, practice, etc... I simply want to know if it is "possible" to wheelie a Harley.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
:welcome:

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome! The TAB pipes have a good sound, you can have the dealer do a SE Flash or you can purchase a SERT or a Power Commander or Gils Box for fine tuning the bike.

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
:vrodforu: :vrod: :vrodforu:
:rofl2: He said wheelies. Maybe a little one but not like the Duc

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome folks....

Holy crap, you can do a stand up... just gotta stand on the seat and not the pegs!

I figure I'll just order the Tab Performance black exhaust w/o baffles and have a dealer flash the computer for me, I dont see a need for the computer as I dont plan on switching the exhausts out now and then :) I live in the North Georgia mountains, maybe the louder exhaust will warn the deer of me coming :)

Also, is it possible to integrate the rear turn signals into the rear brake light?

I like the vid above how they integrated the front turn signals into the bar ends :)

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
Also, is it possible to integrate the rear turn signals into the rear brake light?
Yep, click on the Heavycycles Link on the Home page. Awesome light!!!:vrodforu:

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
:grouphug :vrodforu: :welcome: :vrod: :cook :wazzup:

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Welcome to the best place on the web!
Lots of great people and more truly knowledgable and helpful folks than anywhere else.
:welcome: :vrodforu: :welcome:

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
Thanks for the warm welcome folks....

Holy crap, you can do a stand up... just gotta stand on the seat and not the pegs!

I figure I'll just order the Tab Performance black exhaust w/o baffles and have a dealer flash the computer for me, I dont see a need for the computer as I dont plan on switching the exhausts out now and then :) I live in the North Georgia mountains, maybe the louder exhaust will warn the deer of me coming :)

I like the vid above how they integrated the front turn signals into the bar ends :)

:vrodforu:

I doubt the flash that the dealer will do is enough to make the bike run correctly with an aftermarket pipe. You will more then likely need some type of fuel integrater like a PCIII, Race Tuner etc....

·
knit whit
1,413 Posts
:vrodforu: Rinehart 2-1 pipe sounds and looks great on a NRS as well as the CFR or Thunderheader.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just ordered the Tab Performance "Turn out" black powder coated pipes.... so y'all think I should order their tag-along fuel/air computer thing for $250 bucks too? You wouldnt trust the dealer ship to program it correctly?

Well, ordering it, it would give me the luxury of being able to swap pipes out when my wife wants to ride for day trips with me???

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
Generally I don't like dentists: they inflict pain!
But you sound like a cool one.
Welcome and have fun.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PAIN? From a dentist?

I tell my patients that "If we cant get through a procedure comfortably, whether its a root canal, pulling a wisdom tooth, or a simple filling... its on the house, and in 15 years of doing dentistry I've never given away treatment for free :)".

Seriously, with modern anesthetics (which cost more), there is absolutely no reason for dentistry, no matter what to be painful!

If your dentist is hurting you, you're going to the wrong doc.

-----------------------------

Let see... I'll give you a little more info about me:

Been practicing for 15 years, did time in the Navy and Army Reserve as a dentist.

Two kids, a 3 year old, and a 4 month old.

Wife of 7 years.

Finally started my own private practice 3 years ago, should have done it 15 years ago! (I'd be retired by now!)

Looking to buy a Lamborghini Murcielago next year (black with red seats of course).

Did the Ironman in 1998.

Guns... any of you guys shoot? I've got a 14ftx10ftx25ft vault in the basement with several AR15's, AR10's, AK47's and a plethora of other military assault rifles... when the dirty bomb goes of in Atlanta, dont take 75 north to my town, cuz I'll be protecting it :p

I've had a cycle license since I was 16, like I said, been bikeless last 2 years, before I started my own practice, I worked for the state, IF I went down I could still teach... but now that I'm on my own, I go down, I no work, I no make money.

What else? I've beaten Easy and Medium on Guitar Hero II on my Xbox 360, working on Hard level now.

I used to be fond of saying that "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"... well, now with 2 children, IF I fall over edge they may soon follow without my Fraternal guidance... so, 41 years of age, I'm gettin' into cruise mode with the option to open her up rather than, as my wife used to say, riding nothin' to 90 with my hair on fire all the time....

Nice to meet y'all...

Just contacted Tab Performance, updated my order for the turn out pipes and the programmer... comes with a free $49 KN air filter... hope I can figure out how this all goes together. Unfortunately, I pick the bike up on Saturday, but wont get the goodies til the end of next week.

The other forum I frequent regularly is:

http://www.gunsnet.net If you're a fellow shooter, you need to check us out...

·
Registered
82 Posts
:vrodforu:

That video clip was interesting. You might struggle to get a wheelie on a stock V-ROD. the bike in the clip had 178hp.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Welcome!!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts