Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
if you do let me know and I'll PM you what I did with no problems at all
Its real easy with the 1/8 to 1/2 step bit. Make sure to have masking tape. Mine is growing on me. I am going to powder coat it black though.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts
Bi, When you tell someone not to do something what do you think they wil do? lmao

·
Banned
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree 100%. HD backrest looks way better if you need to put a backrest on IMHO. A new fender is under $400 so who the hell cares about drilling fenders. I don't.
Spoken like a true New Yorker. IMHO

I think the HD Backrest looks like a couple of computer speakers tied in the middle.

The purpose of the thread was to show new comers that there is an alterative to the HD Computer Speakers. It was not ment as a place for proponents of the HD Backrest to line up and be counted.

It seems there is a missunderstanding and a simultaneous Hi-Jacking of the thread.

I know I'm going to be sorry I replied, But this is the stuff Big Tony lives for.

Bicep

·
Registered
88 Posts
I agree the Bicep backrest doesn't keep the clean lines of the bike, but neither does my wife on the back. That is the beauty of his backrest, which came a couple of years too late to save my fender. It comes off for when you're solo and want to look good and looks far more functional than the HD butt stop which pushes me too far forward but does stop the wife from sliding off the back.

·
JustSayNoToSlipons.
191 Posts
The purpose of the thread was to show new comers that there is an alterative to the HD Computer Speakers. It was not ment as a place for proponents of the HD Backrest to line up and be counted.
Bicep
I guess the 30 plus pages dedicated to your system isn't enough for the "newbs" to find out about it? I am not afraid of a drill or spending about half the money on a better looking system. Not everyone here has to like everything you come up with or produce. I'm sorry if you thought I hi-jacked this thread, the purpose of my comment was to show you don't have to be scared to pay half price for something better looking or using a drill to install it.

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
My piont is this guy is busting his ass for the F brothers and due respect has to be given......

He started this thread to renew some interest in the back rest.....maybe for a 4th round...who knows.......

Your choice to drill or not to drill but pay some due respects.

BT

·
Registered
111 Posts
good looking option for passengers. has anyone ever had a passenger ride using both and give some feedback on feel?

and for the sake of argument, and because i'm too lazy to look it up myself, what's the cost of this backrest vs buying the HD one and an extra fender?

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
1 Classy video
2 Locking devices are the same as used on my Road Kings back rest. Sturdy. Can take a lot of abuse. My 200 lbs wife proves that.
3 I may be wrong but it looks like lots of room for a sundowner seat or some after market seat like a Corbin or Mustang.
4 Good Job despite the detractors. There is always some one ready to criticize a good product.

·
Registered
449 Posts
That's a truly awesome video, Bicep. Well done. If my bike would not have come with the backrest already installed, I would have used yours. My wife doesn't like the HD one. It doesn't sit up high enough for her and she feels like she is going to fall off.

I wish you luck with this one. Don't let all the critics bug you. You're doing a good thing here.

Jimmy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Awesome item though I don't Own a muscle it looks good and an easy install. Good luck make millions if u can.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Banned
134 Posts
good looking option for passengers. has anyone ever had a passenger ride using both and give some feedback on feel?

and for the sake of argument, and because i'm too lazy to look it up myself, what's the cost of this backrest vs buying the HD one and an extra fender?
I was going to buy the H-D backrest and rack. The price was around $150.00 for each plus $30.00 for a mounting bracket. The stealer wanted $275.00 to install both. So the total installed price of $605.00 + $60.00 IL tax was just about the same as the Bicep system. I bought the Bicep and my wife loves it when we ride on the weekends. She said it's very comfortable and she feels secure. I've had numerous compliments and questions from other Muscle owners about where I bought it. The best part is that I can remove it in 30-seconds and go back to stock when I'm riding solo.:soapbox:

Pics here:

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2329832&highlight=#post2329832

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
I was going to buy the H-D backrest and rack. The price was around $150.00 for each plus $30.00 for a mounting bracket. The stealer wanted $275.00 to install both. So the total installed price of $605.00 + $60.00 IL tax was just about the same as the Bicep system. I bought the Bicep and my wife loves it when we ride on the weekends. She said it's very comfortable and she feels secure. I've had numerous compliments and questions from other Muscle owners about where I bought it. The best part is that I can remove it in 30-seconds and go back to stock when I'm riding solo.:soapbox:

Pics here:

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2329832&highlight=#post2329832
If you roadtrip, where are you gonna carry your gear?

My phone is better than your phone....

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Very good video. A QD backrest seems like an excellent idea too.

Not sure about the sensitivity to criticism though - surely the more people discuss the system the more people will see it?

FWIW I think the factory product looks better if you want a permanent fixture, and if you don't then this is a really neat answer.

Sent from my e1808_v75_jbaol1_5647 using Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 46 Posts