Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Powerlet a leader in motorcycle appliance powering is seeking a local forum member in the Detroit market area with a newer VRod that is willing to spend a couple hours to allow us to outfit his or her bike in order to finalize development of a number of 12 volt outlet kit offerings for the VRod.
We have developed many kits for other Harleys however the recent surge in customer requests has led us to develop a line just for the VRod.
We need one participant to bring down his or her bike, permit us to install some of our products, take measurements and photos of the completed installation.
Participant will in return receive a bunch of free stuff including having outlets installed in their ride to power accessories like GPS, Radar to even being to easily power their cell phone. We are located in Warren, MI just north of Detroit.
If interested, please email back to [email protected] to schedule an appointment during regular business hours that works for all.
Thanks, ride safe.
Adam

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Bump, looks like a good deal for someone close.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Rick glad to hear your interested, Adam had sent me an email about this so I'm anxious to hear what you think.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
RicoSuave said:
email sent

Good going Gramps.... what'cha gonna plug into your new outlet??

J/K..... it's cool beans.... we need all the accessories for the V-Rods we can get.... I'm betting it will be a smooth install!... Thanks Adam

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
Johnny HotFoot said:
Good going Gramps.... what'cha gonna plug into your new outlet??

J/K..... it's cool beans.... we need all the accessories for the V-Rods we can get.... I'm betting it will be a smooth install!... Thanks Adam
GRAMPS......eh? :spank: Thinkin could plug in blender if needed! :deal:

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
RicoSuave said:
GRAMPS......eh? :spank: Thinkin could plug in blender if needed! :deal:
I see it now....the "Margarita-Rod" mod :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Now you will have a way to power the drill for the electric reverse. See... a vrod can be just like a goldwing.:hidesbeh:

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
LiquidSilver said:
Now you will have a way to power the drill for the electric reverse. See... a vrod can be just like a goldwing.:hidesbeh:
Aaaaccckk!:spank:

(But, I'd like a nice clean way to power my Garmin through a switched outlet.)

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
Powerlet,

If you need something older than Rico's DX, I've got an '04 B in Farmington Hills and work in Troy.

Let me know if you want me to swing by after work or on the weekend..... this work thing keeps getting in the way of riding.... :D

e-mail sent. Thanks for the fast reply.

HH

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
Update on Powerlet. Spent a couple hours in their shop on Tuesday. They ran a harness from the battery to the horn cover then mounted a 12v receptacle right near the cover. Adam from Powerlet is ordering the "right" mount to attatch to the screws that hold the throttle assy. to the handlebar to mount my GPS. There will be a "pigtail that will easily plug into the "doitch" (I'm sure I butchered that) connecter underneath the throttle side sidecover. You can plug all sorts of accessories into the socket near the horn cover. This isn't your normal 12v "cigarette lighter" receptacle. It's smaller..exactly like the ones they use on BMWs. Your connections "snap" into the outlet and are not ez to fall out. Nice guys...I will get you pix when complete. They plan on offering a kit for the V Rod soon and used my bike as their test mule. check out www.powerletproducts.com

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Rick, thanks for the update and glad it worked out for both you and them.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Thanks for the update. Can't wait until the V-rod product line is available!

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
Max said:
Rick, thanks for the update and glad it worked out for both you and them.
No problem Big K. These guys are top notch and have an immaculate shop. They supply ALL of the manufacturers with ALL of their 12v accessory needs. Will post pics soon. :D

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
Well, Powerlet WAS going to get back with me and help me with a mount for my GPS and a pigtail for power. I feel used.....they had me down there (2 1/2 hrs...50 miles from home)... took some measurements on my bike... installed a simple 12v outlet (for my time spoze)...they told me they were going to get the proper mount and call me back in in a week for install and finish. I've called twice...........no call back? Oh well............................thanks anyway Powerlet! :2cents:

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
RicoSuave said:
Well, Powerlet WAS going to get back with me and help me with a mount for my GPS and a pigtail for power. I feel used.....they had me down there (2 1/2 hrs...50 miles from home)... took some measurements on my bike... installed a simple 12v outlet (for my time spoze)...they told me they were going to get the proper mount and call me back in in a week for install and finish. I've called twice...........no call back? Oh well............................thanks anyway Powerlet! :2cents:
Welcome to the world of capitalism! :angeldev:

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
RicoSuave said:
So the blender will still work....right?

:D

HH

1 - 19 of 19 Posts