Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased V Rod Parts from a Guy in North Carolina who told me he purchased a load of V Rod Parts from Don Tilleys Harley Davidson after his Fatal Passing in 2014, If You guys don't know or never heard of Tilleys well back when V rods came out he was setting Records with Tripp Nobal Riding, And had Factory Support before the Destroyer. One of the main sponsors was Wisco and Dons shop was building 1325 Motors back in 2004. Anyway, some of this stash are sets of cases, Trans, Clutch lots of ported heads that I think are Destroyer, Pistons, Camshafts, Cranks, Tomorrow he supposed to start sending me pictures of casting and part numbers so I can ID some of the parts just to see what he does have. I'm not doing this for money but for the Karma of helping a Motorcycle Guy since he is not versed well in Rods but knows his air-cooled Harleys. From what he has told me there is a LOT of V Rod parts he has Shelved and most are brand new.

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
Lots of goodies to drool over ! Pretty Wiseco boxes but the pistons inside are junk single compression rings for racing only and prone to cracking. Heads and Cranks could be valuable just need sorting & part #'s to figure out what they are - spray the cranks with some WD40 quick - look for #'s Cams are probably regrinds from back in the date period but may be usable just difficult to determine specs unless they are marked somehow but overall one heck of a stash ! Let us know we can help I.D. it all and guys here will buy most of those goodies especially the cranks - (y):D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found the Cylinder Heads From Tilleys 2004 Drag Race V Rod the One Tripp Nobels rode. The Heads are engraved CVO CNC and have Cutouts and machined for Compression releases in each head. From what I found out they ran a ratio as high as 18.1

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do To The Virus I have not gotten back to the shop to look and catalog the parts and I'm hoping to get this done by the end of the Month!

·
"Vrod King"
923 Posts
I too will be waiting to see what is in all those boxes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh please, please tell me there is a Screamin’ Eagle Stage II cam kit, I can’t find them anywhere and I just got myself a 2012 10th Anniversary Edition.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Oh please, please tell me there is a Screamin’ Eagle Stage II cam kit, I can’t find them anywhere and I just got myself a 2012 10th Anniversary Edition.
Check out Scott at Fitzgerald Motorsport. He has better options for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check out Scott at Fitzgerald Motorsport. He has better options for you.

Finally, another company. Are you running those cams if so do you know if they are drop in with changing valve lash are do you have to run a whole new set of valves and do some head work?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Finally, another company. Are you running those cams if so do you know if they are drop in with changing valve lash are do you have to run a whole new set of valves and do some head work?
Not running them myself, buy Scotts dyno figures were very good (better than SE) They drop straight in as like the SE.
Check out his facecrap page, there is more info and dyno videos.

There is also Jones cams. He has excellent reviews but only does limited runs and you need to do a lot of waiting. You will find a lot of info on here about them if you do a search for "jones cams"

·
Registered
660 Posts
There is also Jones cams. He has excellent reviews but only does limited runs and you need to do a lot of waiting. You will find a lot of info on here about them if you do a search for "jones cams"
If you search "Rod Squad" on ebay, I see they are selling Jones Stage 2 cams. Not sure if they have a deal with them or just bought a bunch on their last run, but, they have them. Not cheap though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the advice, guys! Went with the Fitzgeralds, found pictures of them on other websites and the quality is ridiculous. Plus those dyno numbers were impressive and I bet I squeeze a little more out because none of the dynos are running a destroyer throttle body and motohooligan super intake.

-2012 Harley Davidson V-ROD 10th Anniversary Edition.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JoVrod , Doubt there are 30076-09 cam kits but will look but I side with everyone letting you know of the much better choices out there. There are a few Custom Ground Cam sets that take a look at picture number two. Most of the items were leftover stock at Tilley's big bore and V rod Drag bike Program.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts