Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,
Anyone have a dolly that fits the 260 tire? I need something to move my DX around in my new garage (steep driveway-don't want to back out). Looks to me like the Pit Viper and similar aren't wide enough. Anyone have one that works?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Hey gang,
Anyone have a dolly that fits the 260 tire? I need something to move my DX around in my new garage (steep driveway-don't want to back out). Looks to me like the Pit Viper and similar aren't wide enough. Anyone have one that works? ...
I’m not sure I understand your question unless you mean those floor dollies that you roll the bike on. They take up a lot of room in the garage. MC jacks and dollies lift the frame not the tire so the size of the rear tire doesn’t matter.

I use a K&L scissors jack (MC455) and dolly (MC460). They also make the MC464 but it isn’t as stable as the MC460 (see pictures). These would work to lift a VRSC bike with any size rear tire.

Harbor Freight has a similar dolly (Chinese) that would work but the frame rails aren’t flat on the top and it’s noticeably lower quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not a motorcycle lift that fits under frame and then spin it around?
Well I am considering that Craftsman lift that folks seem to like, if for no other reason than it'd be dual purpose (in that I can use it to work on the bike as well as move it). However, a dolly like Pit Viper or Turn-a-bike, would be faster and more convenient if I just want to turn/move the bike around. But I can't tell if any of these will fit a 260 tire. Hence the original question.

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
if you want something like the Viper dolly make it. You could have one make with a wider channel. I use exactly what Stever posted K&L stuff is super nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts