Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the beginning of our building of our 2011 bonneville bike, it is and all new bike. Shown is the frame fixture just completed, with our old chassis mounted for certain pickup points. the new frame is pretty unique and is based on a perimeter design. The new chassis offers us alot of advantages in terms of quick engine removal and packaging of the turbo, air to water intercooling, etc, etc. The wheelbase is still the same as is front end geometry, since the chassis we ran last year handled so well. Airtech Streamlining is building one off bodywork for this bike at no expense, The owner, Kent Riches, a 20 year veteran of bonniville believes we can run on the current record of 247.8 mph as we do.Hopefully the Jap 4 cylinders won't be laughing at the v rod by the end of next year.
I will try to update weekly on the build. Thanks Tim Doherty

Attachments

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
This is great Tim - looking forward to following your progress !!!

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Looks GOOD!! Cant wait to see how the progress goes. :popcorn

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
THis looks awesome. I like the pic of the motors on the bench. Flathead to Revo. The frame looks cool too. I like the weekly update idea. Gives some time for bench racin.

What class and record are yall goin for?

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
THis looks awesome. I like the pic of the motors on the bench. Flathead to Revo. The frame looks cool too. I like the weekly update idea. Gives some time for bench racin.

What class and record are yall goin for?
1350 APS-BF is what the class is I believe. Current record is 247.503mph.

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
Uhmm thats movin on 2 wheels,

I read somehwere the destroyer went 160 170 or something naked. So I can see the need for 300hp with a body. I know it all cubes as speed goes up.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Uhmm thats movin on 2 wheels,

I read somehwere the destroyer went 160 170 or something naked. So I can see the need for 300hp with a body. I know it all cubes as speed goes up.

Victorville HD is running a Destroyer at the El Mirage dry lake. He's in the mid 160's. The rider is a big guy, not fat just big like my son. We just made a custom set of trees for them with no rake and less offset, they were getting headshake above 155.
I mentioned to him if he was willing to let a smaller rider on the bike they would be in the 170's, he said I'll pass, having to much fun.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Looks great Tim, look forward to reading the progress on this build... It's frigg'en snowing outside right now and the thought of coming down there and looky lewing is beginning to sound better all the time :)... What's the temp down there right now? That might just be the nail in the coffen for me :)... Found your site :)... Sent you another PM...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks great Tim, look forward to reading the progress on this build... It's frigg'en snowing outside right now and the thought of coming down there and looky lewing is beginning to sound better all the time :)... What's the temp down there right now? That might just be the nail in the coffen for me :)... Found your site :)... Sent you another PM...
We are in northern Az. its beginning to snow here too, mornings are in the teens and low 20's PM answered.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
We are in northern Az. its beginning to snow here too, mornings are in the teens and low 20's PM answered.
Sounds like your weather ain't any better than mine, got seven inches today... Can I say, "I HATE SNOW"!!!! :)... Got your PM, thanks, replied back :)...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts