Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be putting on my new tail light and chopping my ass, whats the best/easiest way to get this thing off? Will be on my way out to do it tomorrow morning. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
SAWSALL!!! Just kiddin', it should just unbolt from the inner fender. You will have to remove the outer fender to do so. I recommend you remove the outerfender to change the light anyway.

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So passenger pillion and backrest both come off? First time getting into this, want to make sure I dont get in over my head.

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
dschminkey said:
So passenger pillion and backrest both come off? First time getting into this, want to make sure I dont get in over my head.
It's all pretty straight forward. Simple unbolt, re-bolt. Just make sure you girlfriend isn't around when you remove the backrest...:D I use a set of pliers to squeeze the light retention spring (I made up that term) and slowly push it up, when you get the fender off you'll see what I mean.

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So figure lots of patience, big hands in tight places, and lots screwing? Sounds like my kind of job, thanks a ton

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
dschminkey said:
So figure lots of patience, big hands in tight places, and lots screwing? Sounds like my kind of job, thanks a ton
Hope it works out, just take your time... Patience is a virtue!!!

·
Tragic Pessimist?
2,205 Posts

·
RIP ALEX
2,033 Posts

·
Banned
405 Posts
In that link he said they are in the tail light, guessing a HC's light. I plan on doing the same to mine and adding the custom dynamics to the rear for more turn signals.

·
RIP ALEX
2,033 Posts
Turn signals are in the taillight. I've got a bastard child of a taillight. It's not a HC light. It was a light actually made by V mod, not the clear alternatives one vMod sells now. HC said vmod was making its own taillights for a little while and decided to stop making them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts