Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished up this a couple weeks ago, just hadnt taken any pic's till now. Pretty happy with the outcome!

Doc's Light

Side View

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Looks great..... now when it's time for a tire put that 200 on it. Did you cut the shocks?

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Next on my cosmetic hit list:
New Mirrors (Kuryakyn signal mirrors), New grips, Paint gray housings on handle bars black, and re-route wires inside bars.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Looks good,Can't wait to see more pics.

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do have a question regarding painting the controls black. Both the clutch and brake will Have to be bled when i reinstall them. I can figure the brake out just fine but i have never done the clutch. Also will the fluid leak out of the hose when i disconnect it? I dont plan on laying the hose down and will tie them so they wont leak much but im sure i will lose some....is this assumption correct? Also.....how much will leak out of the resoviors? One thought of mine was that it wont leak at all ......kinda like the finger over the straw trick. But i feel that will be too good to be true. lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
You have one off the best looking v-rods I have ever seen

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Tim,

Im going to try to take some better pic's of the skins. The Black and marbleized silver grafix's dont show up that well in the pics.

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DrHeathenScum said:
looks awsome!!

nice garage too :D
Thanks.........Your light makes it look that much better!!!!!:cheers:

I dig the garage too!! Built it last year. 24 X 36, 3 bays. It fits the wifes suburban, my p/up and the toys. Havent finished it yet, still have some heating to install as well as outside lighting but for the most part its done!

·
Avenger Hawk
635 Posts
On the fourth picture down of the side view, you can still see some plastic. Is it the original piece that has been trimmed, or is it a new piece?

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is the original piece that has been cut down. Without that piece there is a large gap between the outter fender and inner one. It didnt look finished. The plastic piece also has a grove in it that outter fender slides into and seeing how the plastic piece is attached to the inner (IMO) I feel it gives it it more strength.

·
Registered
34 Posts
cutting the bracket

CW-VRod said:
Finished up this a couple weeks ago, just hadnt taken any pic's till now. Pretty happy with the outcome!

Doc's Light

Side View

what did you use to trim that plastic piece - I am thinking of doing the same but thought of using a dremmel but didn't know if it would tear it up too much?

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
I used a jig saw and then an oscillating sander to finish it off nicely.

BTW, nice job CW-VRod.

Just an observation for all, I think it looks cleaner when you curve the front most piece of plastic from the bottom up, rather than from the top down like it is stock. Just my $.02

Attachments

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I used a dremmel with a cut off wheel and then finished with a file. Just take your time. I cut the majority off first and then went back and finished it up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts