Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was already into this project before i started taking pictures, but maybe they will help you see whats under the @ss of your bike.
First off i removed the back seat, and the fender. then i removed the black metal piece that looks like a fender. then you can remove the @ss (plastic piece )and unsnap all the wires to the lights.Also in the pictures you can see the clip that must be undone to completely remove the taillight ( not that you need to unless you are installing Doc's lights.)

Attachments

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Next are the struts that are in place for the luggage, these like to hang down , so they must be removed ( I used a Dremel ) It looks as though these could be completely removed after taking the top shock bolt out, But i decided to just trim them.

Attachments

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
Don't think, just do. I will admit, that when and if it comes to motor, tranny or electrical, I might think twice -- although I will, in the expereince of learning, eventually do it. But when it comes to cosmetic changes I have opted to rhinocerize my way through it. With great success. As I have admitted in the past, I have no great mechanical wherewithal, but I can reason things out. Get your self a lift and a set of tools and and enjoy the experience of discovery.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Great job, thank you! Just did all that a couple of days ago. The only thing that I did different was an extra 2 minutes of work and unbolted the luggage brackets. I didn't want to cut them so I just unbolted them. It only took me an extra couple of minutes. But once again, great job

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
If I could get a shop to CNC mill down dog's asses, would anyone be interested?

I'd probably have to have them done about 10 at a time, but I think I could handle that part... probably do a core/exchange and it would cost about 50-60 bucks.

Just a thought... I have a guy that does it with Deuce butts.

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
Chris.. my brother in arms.... what else would you expect from a fellow warrior from the sea!!

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Michael333 said:
Don't think, just do. I will admit, that when and if it comes to motor, tranny or electrical, I might think twice -- although I will, in the expereince of learning, eventually do it. But when it comes to cosmetic changes I have opted to rhinocerize my way through it. With great success. As I have admitted in the past, I have no great mechanical wherewithal, but I can reason things out. Get your self a lift and a set of tools and and enjoy the experience of discovery.
:laugh: that's beuatiful, man.

·
Registered Confuser
828 Posts
If anyone wants to get rid of there dog arse, I need to replace mine.
No cheap offer refused! :laugh:
PM me

Thanks
Sam

1 - 20 of 23 Posts