Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6 days away and only 2 of them dry, the muscle performed as a pack mule with ease. the fuel tank has been renamed the "money pit" kin elle it gets through petrol like an alcoholic on white cider, at least er indoors never got too stiff on the back with all the stops. think i need to raise the bars a little before we go away again. just got to build myself up to the big clean tomorrow

Attachments

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
yea every nick and mark on mine was caused having a good time so they are only new once and the good times make it worth while.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that Ribblehead viaduct? I like that bit of the world.

Steve
yes, we stayed in ingleton for a couple of nights. did that road a couple of times in the wet and dry. chicken strips coming down and my boot heels need renewing. lovely part of our country.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
how come your bike uses so much fuel?I just got back from 350 mile round trip this weekend 2 up, mixture of roads but around 150 on motorways cruising at beween 80-90averaged 45 to the gallon

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how come your bike uses so much fuel?I just got back from 350 mile round trip this weekend 2 up, mixture of roads but around 150 on motorways cruising at beween 80-90averaged 45 to the gallon
i guess i should get it checked out. went to the north island yesterday for a ride with a mate on his triumph 1200 daytona. on the way back to portsmouth A27 i was changing up on the rev limiter out of the roundabouts and the guage dived from just under half to the red light on pretty quick:D perhaps my wrist has a little to do with it:angeldev: fun though.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
dont go by the guage,on the way home yesterday my guage went from quarter to empty and back again in the space of 10 miles.but if you are red lining it all the time then that wont do a lot for the economy:)

·
Gone to the V8 side
2,102 Posts
Alan and I seem to get similar mpg, but then we seem to ride similarly :)

The ride to Calne last year was the first and only time I have found someone who pretty much matches my style of riding.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts