Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures of the lousy job the dealer did re-routing the clutch hose when they replaced the radiator. The hose is too short to snake out the way they did and so that's why I had problems steering as posted in this thead: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70547
Also, because the tech ran it right next to the exhaust, the hose is melting. You can see how close it is in the middle photo.

Picture 001.jpg Picture 002.jpg Picture 007.jpg

btw, whats with the dealers always using zip ties on everything?

Mods. if you want to combine this with my other thread if it make things easier, please do so.

Shoe

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Tell them to send the tech back to VROD school or at least have him walk out to the sales floor to see what it's supposed to look like. It's no fun to pay for a hack job.

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
WTF! If I had to pick up my bike and saw a zip tie on the f...ing frame I would be seriously chewing some dumb-ass tech's ass. Knowing the difference between a flat or phillips head screwdriver doesn't make you a motorcycle mechanic and proving your stupidity by using a zip tie this way only makes the whole dealership look stupid.

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
I had the same problem when I installed my barnett clutch line, so I also zip tied it to avoid the exhaust. I ran it the same exact way it was stock, but it came out a bit short because my bars have more pullback than stock. I zip tied mine to the bottom of the frame though so it was not noticeable. What else are you supposed to do short of getting a longer cable?

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
spinedoc said:
I had the same problem when I installed my barnett clutch line, so I also zip tied it to avoid the exhaust. I ran it the same exact way it was stock, but it came out a bit short because my bars have more pullback than stock. I zip tied mine to the bottom of the frame though so it was not noticeable. What else are you supposed to do short of getting a longer cable?

Key word is you did it Doc! I think he is pissed because he payed the dealership a $100 an hour to do it.

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
smoothrod said:
Key word is you did it Doc! I think he is pissed because he payed the dealership a $100 an hour to do it.
very good point, I would be looking for blood at this point

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
What ever you decide to do...get that thing away from the exhaust right away... I don't think the exhaust will melt throught the steel braided line, but it will melt all the plastic off...and make a mess, and heat the fluid...

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
WTF, another story of lazyness by HD service. Take it back and have them do it right.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
IS this a Service Center or a Learning Center you went to? I would expect that crap if you brought it to the local trade school and got a free service but thats crap other wise.

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
smoothrod said:
ABSOLUTELY!!!! I brought it in to my regular dealer (Michaels HD) and their going to try and fix it and just charge it to Vallejo HD. The shop manager looked at it, asked if Vallejo had ever worked on a V-Rod before :stilpoke: Michaels HD has always done right be me, and I totally trust their work.

Shoe

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Why am I not surprised?

When I got whacked last October and took my bike in for repairs, the tech routed my right electric handlebar cables outside/below the clamshell. Noticed it when I got home, so I just removed the bottom of the clamshell and routed the cables through the bottom.

Yeah, you'd think they'd just go look on the sales floor if the were in doubt--oops, guess you have to have doubt first.

One last thing. On the estimate, they were going to charge a 1/2 hour labor to put the new airbox cover on. I told them to just give it to me in the box and I can do it in about 15 seconds. Hell, it might take them a 1/2 hour come to think of it.

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
DallasV Rod said:
Why am I not surprised?

When I got whacked last October and took my bike in for repairs, the tech routed my right electric handlebar cables outside/below the clamshell. Noticed it when I got home, so I just removed the bottom of the clamshell and routed the cables through the bottom.

Yeah, you'd think they'd just go look on the sales floor if the were in doubt--oops, guess you have to have doubt first.

One last thing. On the estimate, they were going to charge a 1/2 hour labor to put the new airbox cover on. I told them to just give it to me in the box and I can do it in about 15 seconds. Hell, it might take them a 1/2 hour come to think of it.
15 seconds to install. 29.45 minutes to realize its not a gas tank.

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
myvrodrocks said:
What ever you decide to do...get that thing away from the exhaust right away... I don't think the exhaust will melt throught the steel braided line, but it will melt all the plastic off...and make a mess, and heat the fluid...
Ask me how know this the hard way.. :bash:

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
1/2 hour to install a freaking airbox cover?? No wonder half you guys buy the service manuals and do all the work your selves...heck after my run in with the service manager today has me thinking about doing it that way...

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
Demthios said:
1/2 hour to install a freaking airbox cover?? No wonder half you guys buy the service manuals and do all the work your selves...heck after my run in with the service manager today has me thinking about doing it that way...
Between the manual and this forum I really don't see how you'd go wrong.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts