Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a new battery for my '06 VRSCR, as I was having a comm issue with my Thundermax (turned out to be a bad RS232 cable instead), but I've had the bike for two years and figured the orginal was ready for a change anyway. I ordered online from Bohannon Battery (great price by the way and free shipping) and the website selector gave me a Deka ETX14 for ALL VRSC motorcycles. There is no way this battery is the right one. Is there a unique P/N for the "R"

John (it figures because us "R" riders are "special")
:notworth:

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
As far as I remember all 02-06/07 should be the same regardless of model.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Yuasa® Maintenance Free Battery

J&P Part:350-081 Everyday Low Price:$89.99Gold Club Price:$80.99
Qty:
In Stock, usually ships within 1 business day This fits your 2006 Harley-Davidson Street Rod® VRSCR
DescriptionFitmentCatalog PagesSpecsThere is important warranty information available for this product. Please view the Warranty Information This product was proudly made in the USA Yuasa® Maintenance Free Battery• Yumicron® batteries offer 30% more starting power and are outstanding for accessory-laden touring bikes and modified machines with high-lift cams, high compression and exotic carburetion• Battery acid is not included
Shipping Note:Due to safety regulations, this item can only be shipped by ground and cannot be shipped to APO or FPO addresses.

Click (+) to view all compatible modelsHarley-Davidson®
2002 - 2006 V-Rod® anodized finish VRSCA
2004 - 2005 V-Rod® black finish VRSCB
2006 - 2007 Night Rod® VRSCD
2006 Street Rod® VRSCR
2007 NHRA Commemorative Edition VRSCX
2007 Night Rod® Special VRSCDX
2007 V-Rod® VRSCAW

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe Bohannon's website selector tool is just screwed up. I looked up the battery P/N they sent me and it fits my GPZ1100, so maybe I'll just keep it and get ahead of a dead one on it (as I bought it in '06). I sent them an email and will report back what they have to say tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:notworth:My mistake! The battery appeared much smaller under all the Thundermax wiring, etc. in the front frame. After I removed all the wires, it appears like, while it's a tight fit, the ETX14 Deka is going to fit just fine.

John

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Was the battery acting up or slow turning the starter?

You should get 5+ years out of the new AGMs assuming you don't let it run dead and stay that way for the plates to go bad.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually the battery turned out to be good and I'm glad it fits both the Vrod and the GPZ1100 so I'll pick one this winter to change out, although both are still working fine. My problem was a cable to the Thundermax ECM was bad, or intermittent, and I thought it had to be the battery voltage when not running the bike or the cable so I bought both. Turned out to be the Zippers cable that went south not the battery, but now I have a spare.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts