Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just surfing through some pics on this/our wonderful site, and noticed some (larger) riders dwarf the V-Rod. is it just me, or what ? any comments?

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Better make that 3!

·
Registered
922 Posts
KIPFOX said:
I was just surfing through some pics on this/our wonderful site, and noticed some (larger) riders dwarf the V-Rod. is it just me, or what ? any comments?

Whats your point?

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
It is not as bad as seeing a 6' 280 pound man riding a sporster 883. LOL Talk about a monkey fudging a football. :angeldev:

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
im 215 at 5-11. im a heavy guy i dont think i dwarf the bike though, any beer in me and you would be on the floor buddy lol

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
Lets ask the girls in the girls lounge if size matters....:hidesbeh:

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
runit1971 said:
It is not as bad as seeing a 6' 280 pound man riding a sporster 883. LOL Talk about a monkey fudging a football. :angeldev:
Easy now.... I'm busting 220 and I'm riding a 883... But it's just because My "V" is being rebuilt....:D

·
Registered
553 Posts
KIPFOX said:
Damn well matters to me!
I bought a '04 VRSCA and from the second I sat on it I knew it "had" to be mine. The forward controls and Corbin seat fit my 6'4" 210lb frame like a glove, and of all the motorcycles I've ridden I've never found one as comfortable as my V-Rod is... This is the first time I've ridden a bike with forward controls and it was as natural as walking for me, and refreshingly comfortable...

For me I've always had the feeling I did not quite fit was I was riding, the last bike I had was the Honda Aero 1100cc twin, that had floorboards... It always felt sort of clumsy and cramped... I find I can easily go from an almost relaxed reclining mode to agressively pushing the bike around corners easily, and this is my favorite motorcycle of all times, and I am sure it will be one I ride until I can't ride...

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
5'11" 195 here.. far from big but not exactly fit either

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nightrod81 said:
im 215 at 5-11. im a heavy guy i dont think i dwarf the bike though, any beer in me and you would be on the floor buddy lol
welll heck im 6'2" and 220 thinkin I look silly, but I'll bring the beer!

·
RICK
648 Posts
I'm 6' 225-They'll have to beat me first, then hope I'm in a good mood when they tell me I look silly on that little bike!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanx V ray

VRay-PDX said:
Damn well matters to me!
I bought a '04 VRSCA and from the second I sat on it I knew it "had" to be mine. The forward controls and Corbin seat fit my 6'4" 210lb frame like a glove, and of all the motorcycles I've ridden I've never found one as comfortable as my V-Rod is... This is the first time I've ridden a bike with forward controls and it was as natural as walking for me, and refreshingly comfortable...

For me I've always had the feeling I did not quite fit was I was riding, the last bike I had was the Honda Aero 1100cc twin, that had floorboards... It always felt sort of clumsy and cramped... I find I can easily go from an almost relaxed reclining mode to agressively pushing the bike around corners easily, and this is my favorite motorcycle of all times, and I am sure it will be one I ride until I can't ride...
thanx thats the post I was lookin for!

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
i think the most funny thing i have seen fairly recently was my 6 foot 3 or so friend hopping on a nightster trying to make me laugh.. he succeeded.. LOL

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
Hey now I was 6'5" and 250 on my sporty....and yes it was a funny site. I was happy though. I am happier now with my V.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts