Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a VRSCAW with forward controls. when i wear boots shifting is difficult. When I upshift I need to lift my foot off the peg and point my toe down and slide it under the shift lever. it's causing me to miss-shift a lot and cant really move my foot around fast like I can with sneakers. how are heal shifters? does anyone use one? does it get in the way at all?

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
There is some adjustment in the shift linkage to accomodate different size feet and boots/shoes.

·
Bladerunner
1,949 Posts
I have a VRSCAW with forward controls. when i wear boots shifting is difficult. When I upshift I need to lift my foot off the peg and point my toe down and slide it under the shift lever. it's causing me to miss-shift a lot and cant really move my foot around fast like I can with sneakers. how are heal shifters? does anyone use one? does it get in the way at all?
Heel* ;)

Never used one but I have the same problem with boots. Now I just wear sneakers...

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,168 Posts
I had a heel shifter on one of my bikes. It was great. Got used to shifting using the heel very quickly. I do miss heel shifting. I have seen some heel shifter on ebay for the vrod but not lately.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got cut off and dumped my bike. one of the parts that has to be replaced is the shift so i figured it would be a good time to get a heal shifter. it seems like it would get in the way. is your foot always over the toe and heal shifter at the same time or do you have to slide oyur foot forwards and backwards to use them. I told the HD dealer about the problem witht he shift and they said there was no adjustment.

dmlkm....nice bike...i like the frame like that

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
when I wear "work" boots I have shifting issues. When I wear moto boots all is well. Try swapping out your shifter peg with a sport bike model. They are narrower and give more room for the toe of your boot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts