Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vrod Rider
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for any/all '05 Screamin' Eagle vrod owners....i seem to always find good suggestions and ideas from people that don't own this exact model. I'm finding restrictions on finding a quality windshield that will fit THIS model...HD doesn't even make a w/s for this model bike--this was told to me by several HD dealers...i know there are aftermarket shields available, but i want to be absolutely certain it will fit my bike. Rifle.com shield advertise they fit this year/make/model, but their picture for example of this model is NOT an '05 SE VROD, the tach is totally shaped different. I need help!!!

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
I'm looking for any/all '05 Screamin' Eagle vrod owners....i seem to always find good suggestions and ideas from people that don't own this exact model. I'm finding restrictions on finding a quality windshield that will fit THIS model...HD doesn't even make a w/s for this model bike--this was told to me by several HD dealers...i know there are aftermarket shields available, but i want to be absolutely certain it will fit my bike. Rifle.com shield advertise they fit this year/make/model, but their picture for example of this model is NOT an '05 SE VROD, the tach is totally shaped different. I need help!!!

I did a "2005 vrscse windshield" search and found this thread on the first or second page of threads with those keywords in them. It gives a part number, but the thread was from 2009 I believe. But its a starting point.
Good Luck!

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
"Hi-Def" owns an '05 SE, but he doesn't post much lately. He has no windshield on his.

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
I have an 05 SE with a Windvest windshield. Pics in my gallery.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,151 Posts
I have an '06 SE2 and I believe that the '06 has the same handlebars as the '05 SE. They are 1.25 inches. I have a memphis shades hellcat windshield on my bike. Have had that windshield on 2 bikes so I have had that same windshield for 8 years now.

I had to buy the mounting hardware though because standard is 1" hardware.

http://www.memphisshades.com/universal-mount/2-point-handlebar-mount/hell-cat
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produ...?skuId=27824&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse (mem9950 part number)

·
Vrod Rider
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
demlkm--the handlebars may be the same, but my tach is totally shaped different, that's why i'm having a hard time finding a windshield. Check out my pics...

·
Registered
57 Posts
The 2006 used the 2005 speedo-tach i believe.

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
Improvise, adapt, and overcome

I have an '06 SE2 that Harley didn't care to make a windshield for either, so I adapted. It was either this or $400 + for a Windvest.

I bought a Harley V-Rod Super Sport windshield used for $50 and a set of 1-1/4" Kuryakyn P-clamps for $20. I'm sure that I had to buy some chrome bolts from the hardware store too. It looks as good as any minimally effective windshield can look on the SE bikes if you get it angled correctly, but I still only use it in Arctic cold weather
(40 degrees or below).

Patience when mounting is a big plus. You will have to twist and contort the upper mounting hardware until it is equal on both sides and doesn't stress the windshield or it will pop out of the mounting sockets (you'll know when you see it). BTW, stuff some thin drawer-liner foam rubber into the ball and socket to prevent rattling.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,151 Posts
The 05 and the 06 SEs DO have the same tach from the factory.

I have gotten compliments on the my wind shield setup, and using the parts I gave links for above, you can angle any way you want or move up and down.

I have ridden my bike the previous 2 riding seasons down to 18 degrees. This year it started snowing too early so I only rode down to about 29 degrees but it works and looks good.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,151 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts