Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A video or soundclip of the Stock SE 16 guage pipes? I have been beating myself up over whether to change my pipes. I need to hear them before i make a decision. :banghead

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I can make one tonight TBAG but do not have one at this time. After running the force for so long you probably won't be able to hear them anyway. :)

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Max that would be great! I have run into alot of VRODs on the road but NO ONE has had the 16 gauge so I havent heard them yet. Oh and my ears are always ringing from those damn pipes. I love them but they are killing me.

:rofl3:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Ya My Sampsons were like that!:( My ears would Ring for 2hrs after riding!:mad: I think all that Loud Noise Kills Power also!;)

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Max said:
I can make one tonight TBAG but do not have one at this time. :)
Hey Max buddy,

Any luck yet??:D

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Try this

If you can even hear it.

Wave file

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Max,
That thing sounds like a PUSSY CAT!;)

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
All I can say is that I really like the sound of the stock 16ga pipes. And that they run perfectly with the factory download. If I were taking a long drive, I wouldn't want anything louder. And I stioll set off car alarms. JMHO

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Max,

Thanks a million. I think they sound pretty damn good. I`m gonna start saving some pennies to get a set.

Another question though,

Do you need to remove the pipes in order to take out the baffles if I wanted? I probably wouldnt but if it is easy to do I might from time to time....
:sinister:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
TBAG I have never pulled the baffles on Jeannies but they look like they come right out of the back but you might have to pull the heat shields over the rear to get the screw out that holds them.

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doesn`t sound that difficult if thats the case. Thanks again Max!

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
You remove the heat shields and there's a bolt / screw (not sure which) on the bottom of the pipe that holds the baffle in. Remove the screw and pull out the baffle.

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool deal mjw930...thanks..

·
Registered
268 Posts
with the baffle removed, they are as loud as any other straight pipe, and you will need a pc or tuner, been there done that, very very loud, and the sound is rather hollow. i didn't really like it.

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
slmmer09 said:
with the baffle removed, they are as loud as any other straight pipe, and you will need a pc or tuner, been there done that, very very loud, and the sound is rather hollow. i didn't really like it.
I am currently running Force Streetfighter Shorties. They are LOUDER than any other pipe configuration made for the VROD. Removing the baffles would be more experimental for me than anything. I know what LOUD is. I already run a PC3r. Been doing that!

·
1,738 Posts
The 16 guage are loud enough to prompt complaints from the overly rightous ultra conservative enviromental types, and alert cages to your presence, but not so loud as to overly irritate the neighbors.

Like Daniii, I find that they do not seem loud at speed in a half helmet, but in a full helmet, they are pleanty loud (I could not stand a louder pipe in a Full). Frankly, for me they drone just a tad too much on trips with a Full Helmet. I wear earplugs most of the time (as we all should to protect from hearing loss due to the constant wind noise) and they are fine.

Yes you can set off car alarms with them.

Fred:biker:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts