Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Jr. Lifetime Premium
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my dealer's parts dept this weekend and asked about the my leaking clutch seal on the reservoir. I asked if this is under warranty. He told me that my bike only has a 1 year warrant. Is this right? Or is it a 2 year warranty?

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
2 years, unless you bought an exteneded warranty

·
Official bike nut
1,099 Posts
2 years. Mine just expired in August, following the general consensus here, I didn't buy an extended.

·
Registered
291 Posts
He's a steeler. How can you tell when he's lying? His lips are moving.

Ok, that's a generalization, but it true more often than not.

Ride Safe!

Larry

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am with the others, the warranty is 2 years unlimited mileage from the date of purchase. The dealer you took you bike to does not know their stuff and I would not trust them.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Remember, parts are not warrantied, the bike is. For a leaky seal you must have the service department diagnose and replace the part for it to be covered under warranty. The parts guys don't have a clue about warranty because they don't deal with the issue.

Also, if you shop at Rossmeyer's dealerships hold onto you wallet when you get near the parts counter. They ran a 20% off labor day sale, the night before the sale they increased the price on most things, parts included, 30%! I know a few people who work there, this was confirmed.

·
Jr. Lifetime Premium
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mjw930 said:
Remember, parts are not warrantied, the bike is. For a leaky seal you must have the service department diagnose and replace the part for it to be covered under warranty. The parts guys don't have a clue about warranty because they don't deal with the issue.

Also, if you shop at Rossmeyer's dealerships hold onto you wallet when you get near the parts counter. They ran a 20% off labor day sale, the night before the sale they increased the price on most things, parts included, 30%! I know a few people who work there, this was confirmed.
I was there during the Labor Day "sale". 30%! then discount it 20%? That is crazy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts