868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told for me to run, I needed:
leather motorcycle jacket
full length gloves
boots
long jeans
full-face helmet

I have mesh armored and/or leather armored pants on my wish list, jacket w/dense foam padding on the way, H-D jeans and boots in my closet, and my eye on a number of lids, but will probably get the one pictured below for now-$59 on sale!

Attachments

·
Noel
4,604 Posts
Is it Snell certified M2000, M2005, M2010??
You might want to call the track your contemplating racing, talk to the Tech Guys

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply again

the bell shown in the pic is DOT only
shoei multitech (modular) also DOT
simpson super bandit FF snell SA approved

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Like taxman said check with the track on cert requirements.. Two places you done want to go cheap are your helmet and gloves...
You going to race at the All Harley race in Belle Rose?

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
Most tracks require a Snell approved helmet and there are no Snell approved modular helmets. The track by me will not let you run without the Snell sticker.
That's why I have my modular for everyday riding and a Snell approved FF for the track.

·
JESUS IS LORD
469 Posts
Most tracks require a Snell approved helmet and there are no Snell approved modular helmets. The track by me will not let you run without the Snell sticker.
That's why I have my modular for everyday riding and a Snell approved FF for the track.
:them:

·
Registered
3,243 Posts

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like taxman said check with the track on cert requirements.. Two places you done want to go cheap are your helmet and gloves...
You going to race at the All Harley race in Belle Rose?
I didn't know about that one, will look it up and see-thanks alot

thanks for the info-$$ is tight, but for a 'keeper' lid I am looking at the Shoei RF-1100 or X-12 Glory 2..or the Simpson...Bandit so if I can't race w/the Bell arrow, I guess I'll just wait to get one of those (pix below)

:eek:fftopic: Nice bike!
thanks, here's the helmets and a bike pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
check out scorpion helmets i have the exo 400 model its snell 2005 aproved and there cheaper in price but not quality than shoei or simpson i think they start in price around $130

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
I didn't know about that one, will look it up and see-thanks alot

thanks for the info-$$ is tight, but for a 'keeper' lid I am looking at the Shoei RF-1100 or X-12 Glory 2..or the Simpson...Bandit so if I can't race w/the Bell arrow, I guess I'll just wait to get one of those (pix below)

thanks, here's the helmets and a bike pic.
seems like i remember ncvrodracer was thinking of selling his shark , looks like the red whit blue helmet on the left.

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
seems like i remember ncvrodracer was thinking of selling his shark , looks like the red whit blue helmet on the left.
thanks, but this time I would like to try the helmet on for awhile before I decide. my current 3/4 fit fine at first, but now rides up at 70+ mph.
as long as you return it in like-new condition, cycle gear will let you exchange. also, although I really like the Glory 2 R/W/B helmet's looks, the fact that it has 15 vents is attractive as it may keep me in a FF even during the brutal hot summers here.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
yea having a good return policy is great.i don't think the Simpson bandit isn't vented very well, nothing compared to most other helmets.

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
a long-time rider and friend of mine had the super bandit, and he lives here as well, I will ask if he wore it during hot weather.

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just got off the phone with my local racetrack...

for 'test and tune' night if you run less than 125 in the 1/4 mile, all you need is a leather jacket, full gloves, DOT FF helmet, and boots..

·
Noel
4,604 Posts
Sounds like your good to go then!!

Have fun & start a thread to document your efforts, looking forward to seeing how you do, it's gonna be a long winter up here.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Sounds like your good to go then!!

Have fun & start a thread to document your efforts, looking forward to seeing how you do, it's gonna be a long winter up here.
:them:

good luck and be safe.

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cycle gear shoei X-12 glory on sale :)

ordered one in XL size, under $600-whew! still $$expensive, but touted as one of the best helmets ever, get to try it for 7 days for fit, etc...my only departure from the yellow and black theme, and I could get one in yellow, but damn! I guess riding American iron is gettin' me all patriotic

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts