Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple of pics of my mockup nitrous setup. I am using two solaniods, one for nitrous and one for a purge that has a dual outlet that will be mounted underneath the tripple tree's and spray in a V (this is just for the intimidation factor as I do not need a purge because of the pressure regulator).

The bottle feeds into a pressure regulator that can be set from 500-1100psi so I can consistently produce a shot at a desired pressure. The gauge is of the regulator for the sole purpose of dialing in desired pressure to the solaniods. This eleviates the need to monitor bottle pressure. The electronic box wires into the nitrous solaniod and the IAT sensor and adds the needed fuel when the soleniod is activated (no need to change my awesome SERT MAP) and the NOS will be sprayed directly into the stacks!

Attachments

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
OK guys I cleaned this thread up, lets try to keep this on track. No name calling and insults from anyone please.

·
Banned
288 Posts
thank you max,The hair on the back of my neck was starting to stand up.Great system Doc,From what i see you got it handled nicely.can't wait to hear how it works out at the track or on the dyno.
BlackCat:nos
82' NMRA dd/g class [email protected] Gainesville
87' IDBA top gas#1 qualifer @ birmingham
87' IDBA top gas #10 plate holder
88''IDBA top gas winner @ rockingham
89' IDBA top gas [email protected] iron man nationals
89' IDBA top gas runner-up at Cayuga Ont.
89' IDBAtop gas #7 plate holder
00''sunshine dragstrip #2plate KING of the street
01'SNOW BIRD nationals KING of the street winner (7.80's @ 180mph.)
02'sunshine dragstrip King of the street (winner twice-runner-up 1)[email protected]
02'sunshine dragstrip #3 plate holder king of the street
04' made 187 hp. with custom nitrous setup-stock exhaust
04'dyno-drag top"8" national finalist
05' ran 10.30'[email protected] a 825lb.stocker-FOOT shifted
06'cycle-palooza v-rod "winner"
06' ran a 6.56 1/[email protected] with a 1.56 60 ft @825 lbs
06' SEMDRA super street event winner( first h-d ever)
06'SEMDRA superstreet #7 plate holder
06'dyno drag v-rod winner(9.26)@Jim's h-d
07" cycle-palooza v-rod runner-up
07'AHDRA gainesville super sport #1 qualifer
07' SEMDRA SGMP super street runner-up (1st race of season)

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
Black Cat - thats a pretty impressive list of racing you have been in ...:notworth:

·
Registered
148 Posts
stomper said:
Black Cat - thats a pretty impressive list of racing you have been in ...:notworth:
thats exactly what I was thinking as I read it ! Sum Bitch mang !:notworth: :wazzup:

on topic, damn fine job Doc, be sure to let us know how you like it. I am thinking of squirtin my sporty a bit.:moped:

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
smokenjoe01 said:
Some people still had there thumb in there mouth in 87. When Mike was running top gas.
Doc very sweet system!
:them: I was only 12! Doc thats a pretty clean setup you got.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
DTHDOC said:
Here are a couple of pics of my mockup nitrous setup. I am using two solaniods, one for nitrous and one for a purge that has a dual outlet that will be mounted underneath the tripple tree's and spray in a V (this is just for the intimidation factor as I do not need a purge because of the pressure regulator).

The bottle feeds into a pressure regulator that can be set from 500-1100psi so I can consistently produce a shot at a desired pressure. The gauge is of the regulator for the sole purpose of dialing in desired pressure to the solaniods. This eleviates the need to monitor bottle pressure. The electronic box wires into the nitrous solaniod and the IAT sensor and adds the needed fuel when the soleniod is activated (no need to change my awesome SERT MAP) and the NOS will be sprayed directly into the stacks!
Looks good, Doc. Too bad your horn wont fit in that cover now with your switch placement. I made the same mistake and bought a new cover in order to be able to fit the horn back in. I didnt think I would need to put the horn back in but as soon as it wasnt in, I needed it more than ever. Also, dont be disappointed when your purge doesnt spray a cloud into the air. I have my purge outlets in the same location you are planning to put yours. It will only spray if the bottles are pretty cool and the outside air is a little cool. But it always makes the cool sound!!!!

·
NOT A REAL HD RIDER
779 Posts
Does canister mount inside the airbox cover?! not on the side?

·
Banned
868 Posts
smokenjoe01 said:
Some people still had there thumb in there mouth in 87. When Mike was running top gas.
Doc very sweet system!
I was already old in 1989 but he's still my Mentor. Awesome racer on anything. What he didn't mention was the second place finish in the first Semdra race this year was on a borrowed bike he'd never taken down the track before.

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
danasmith69 said:
I was already old in 1989 but he's still my Mentor. Awesome racer on anything. What he didn't mention was the second place finish in the first Semdra race this year was on a borrowed bike he'd never taken down the track before.
Good point Dana!:deal:

·
NOT A REAL HD RIDER
779 Posts
Now I could DO that!!....Simple and inconspicuous.....

You going to be in KC?!?

If it works out for you ... would you be interested in duplicating that for a brotha? :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.