1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm interested in this. Bought a '04 VRSCA this summer .. Bone stock, and it runs great. BUT ... The stock exhaust are beautiful, but way too quiet for me. After learning a lot from everyone willing to share on this forum, I've purchased a CFR 2-1, and I've been reading everything I can find concerning fuel controllers. I've decided that I want to install a system that will leave the stock ECM alone, in case the CFR is a little louder than my local law enforcement types will tolerate, and I have to return to the stock configuration. I like the idea of the TFI, but realize that only adding fuel and not being able to remove it is probably not the best for both performance and fuel economy. My greatest fear is running too lean and causing engine damage from excessive upper cylinder heat.
The Dobeck Gen 4 with AFR gauge sounds like it might be exactly what I'm looking for. Anyone out there gone this route on an earlier ('02 - '06) VRSCA or B? How big a deal is it to have the 02 sensors installed in a set of stock head pipes?

BTW, this forum has been a great source of info for me ... Without it, it would take forever and a bunch of expensive mistakes to figure out some of this stuff. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Ed

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unfortunately Dobeck only offers the Gen4 w/AFR gauge for 2011/2012 bikes at the moment. they're working on R&D for older bikes equipped with factory O2 sensors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts