Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Do you store your bike during the winter?

• Yes but at home

Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Yes at a remote location

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I don't store it but there are long periods that I can't ride

Votes: 31 21.5%
  • No storage for me

Votes: 53 36.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you store your bike during the winter?

·
Registered
555 Posts
HELL NO....

$500 worth of heated Gerbing gear, to keep the rubber rolling seems cheap to enjoy the bike.... I figure the bank doesn't let me stop paying for it just cause it's cold, so get out there and enjoy your purchase.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
Tend the battery, start it up on a some what regular basis, and take it for rides on clear and sunny days above 40 all winter long!

I have NO wind shield, can't bring myself to buyin' chaps, and rarely wear a full shield helmet... just add to my leatef jacket and gloves a winter hat under my novelty helmet, bandit's mask over face, sunglasses, leather dickie around neck, and I'm rollin'

·
Registered
499 Posts
I always thought chaps were kinda' gay looking. However, I rode this weekend with a group in cold weather and I was the only one without chaps. Now I know why they wear them. I mentioned to someone that I always considered chaps a bit gay looking and he said "only if you wear them without pants." So I guess I stand corrected. lol

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
No Live in Texas Nuff Said :plause: :rofl2:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I store mine in my well insulated garage, on a lift, with a battery tender!

335 Posts
I stop riding for July/August when temp is above 45C. the worst part is the desert wind called a Shamaal with fine blowing sand that sandblasts your bike!
Bike stored in a Carcoon (see www.carcoon.com) with battery tender and a/c!

·
Revolution02
3,978 Posts
just spent 2500 dollars on more accesories. That brings the grand total to 33500k. solid back chrome rim, from cvo rim, cvo seat. cvo rear turn signals. This allows me to store it at the Harley shop for the winter. Heated and they will store it as suggested in manual. After this I will only have to buy the brake cyclanders chrome. Man lots of money to get what I want. YAHOOO!!!!!!!!!! "Let the clutch out" Go V-Rod!

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Will be storing mine at the Dealership. Heated, battery tended, and free when you buy $500 worth of accessories.....Not hard to do during the winter months!!!!

·
Dr. Funkenstein
557 Posts
My family stores our bikes at my dad's house. He has some VERY expensive living room furniture during these cold Chicago winters.

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
handydan said:
Year round for me when its not in the shop :whack:
Winter, what is this thing you call, "Winter". Is this some sort of phenomenon that happens every year for the rest of you guys. Does that mean I have to put a jacket on over this sweatshirt, LOL. Winter, show me proof :rofl:

Hey Dan, I think it's a little overcast today, but no sign of this thing called Winter :rofl2: Maybe if we start smokin' what they smoke...then I'm sure we'll see Winter!!

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
You know... that time of the year when the ground is white. We have one every year. It keeps our bugs from growing more than 3 inches long!

Yes, good riding days are becoming more rare... The bike is spending more time in the garage... is it Spring yet?

·
Oh Atlanta
2,431 Posts
P Funk said:
My family stores our bikes at my dad's house. He has some VERY expensive living room furniture during these cold Chicago winters.

Same with us - the folk’s rec room gets taken over. Preparations are already underway and I have reserved my place on the carpet!

My annoyance with winter has increased each passing year, and now having to put the V-Rod away for the first time I think it might be time to move towards the warmth.

Dave

·
Registered
696 Posts
Year around rider here, no storage.

·
Banned
2,313 Posts
I ride all year, though I have to admit, been looking lustfully at those heated grips.

I loved them on my sled back in the day when I lived in snow country

·
AMF
423 Posts
I don't store it for the winter but keep it plugged in to the battery tender. When the weather permits, I unplug and go for a ride. Has to be sunny and above 40 degrees. I have chaps and heated gloves, my fingers go numb below 50.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts