Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel guilty. Sometimes I take my Triumph Sprint ST out on trips a lot. then I begin to wonder why i bought a vrod. Then i go look at it in the garage....the soul. Then i rid it and i remember what i missed.

Anyone else?

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
All the time. They don't mind. Very progressive thinkers, these bikes!

·
INCONCEIVABLE!
1,529 Posts
My wife claims I cheat on her with the VRod ... I spend way too much time on it

She got extra jealous when I converted it to a solo seat ...

I just remind her that I'm all her's during the winter ... she never looks amused when i say that

I do cheat on my VRod though ... I hit about 6 or 7 track days a year. I rent an R6 and drop the knee a little. Gets the crazy riding out of my system. The R6 is my girlfriend on the side ...

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I just had a 60 mile affair at 120mph last night with a 2008 Buell 1125r! Yeah, it was good

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
I must admit the bulk of my riding is on my 2002 BMW 1150GS.
It does the daily commute to work and it'll also do hooligan stuff and touring stuff. Maintainence is a doddle with locknut valve lash adjustments too - everyone should have one :hidesbeh:

Steve

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I must admit the bulk of my riding is on my 2002 BMW 1150GS.
It does the daily commute to work and it'll also do hooligan stuff and touring stuff. Maintainence is a doddle with locknut valve lash adjustments too - everyone should have one :hidesbeh:

Steve
Ive always wanted a BMW GS....maybe my next bike. You take it offroad?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Actually, I have been cheating on my Valkyrie Rune with my newly acquired V-Rod. I traded a VTX1300C for the 06-VRSCA back in March and have been spending a lot of time getting used to it. It's been fun.

Donbo

·
Land Pilot
148 Posts
I don't cheat... yet... but if I do it will be with a BMW K1200GS.. a friend of mine has a 99 model with only 27000 miles for sale for less than $4,000... I keep telling myself my wife will never miss $4K out of our checking account.

But who am I kidding??:angeldev:

·
Dean
775 Posts
I think about cheating all the time....with a Triumph Thruxton. A local dealership had a demo day last month and I took one out for about 25 miles. It is a great bike.

·
Markku
985 Posts
Loaned friends Triump scrambler for a quick ride last week, 40 kms asphalt and 40 kms of gravel ( and one beach) :) later i thought it would be fun to have a bike like the Triumph but it was way too weak so today a tested Buell Uly and probably will buy one tomorrow so there will be some cheating in the future

·
Registered
179 Posts
No cheating, she's the only one I have in my life.......:alien:

·
motorsickle1130
219 Posts
Breaking up the monotany of monogamie

My GF is VERY jealous of the night rod. She also doesn't know that I'm trying to convince my buddies 09 1125cr to take me for a ride (he doesn't know either, DIRTY!).:spank: Speaking of which, the girl is on her way over, guess I should pull the v-rod out of my bed and hide her in the closet. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Actually, my R is cheating on me. She went out with another guy tonight. He is thinking of offering money to make her his. I was jealous watching her being ridden up the street and away from me. But I'll be happy for her to go somewhere where she is given more attention (and I'll be happy to have the money).

1 - 20 of 63 Posts