Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Do you change your own oil?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets not debate which oil is best but rather how much oil do you put in. In the 07 VRSC service manual it says 4.5 quarts with a filter. That amount leaves me a half a quart low. I put in 5 quarts and the dipstick reads right at the full mark.

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
5 it is.... If I remember the manual properly... it says put in 4.5 and then check the dipstick and add as required. (or something similar)

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
5 qts. for me. I think I remember reading on here that originally HD said 4.5 because they were so afraid of what would happen if it was overfilled. I believe now it's 5.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
I have pre-paid service, so i let them do it for now.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I change it every 2500 miles 5 quarts!!

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
I will ask my wife as she changes my oil for me, will get back to you......she said 5!

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
5.........repeat 5.......with filter!!
I am the only one to ever change my oil.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
5 quarts every 2500 miles. I'm on my 4th change. Do it myself, piece of cake.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I put 5 in with oild cooler empty and it was right on line....

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
I make my kids do it. The 4 year old has a hard time getting the bike on the jack, so I help her with that part. :D

·
Don't think, ride.
752 Posts
EZE RIDER said:
Lets not debate which oil is best but rather how much oil do you put in. In the 07 VRSC service manual it says 4.5 quarts with a filter. That amount leaves me a half a quart low. I put in 5 quarts and the dipstick reads right at the full mark.
A full 5 quarts does it for me, I let the bike drain overnight slightly tilted forward to get all the old oil out.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Well, I have not done it yet since it has only needed one since I bought it and the dealer did it (free). I will be doing it from now on.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts