Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
That come stock on '06 VRSCE2 and was optional when purchasing the wide tire kit for '05-'06 VRSC models. It will only work with the wide fender available with that kit (the fender is wider than stock '02 - '06 fenders but narrower than '07 and up models).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
Yes. And you are basically repeating what I said :D The fender is wider than a stock '02 - '06 fender but is the same fender that came on the '06 VRSCE2 or the wide tire kit. The fender is not as wide as what comes stock on '07 and up VRSC's. So what I'm trying to say is that the license plate holder will not work on an '07 and up application. Hopefully that clarifies things :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I'm trying to clear up. So HD made three different fender sizes to accommodate two different sized wheels? It doesn't make sense, nor am I able to find anything to back that up. The wide tire kit and the 07 and above fenders look the same.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wait a minute, is this a frame related issue? And not really in relation to the tire size?

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
They made two different fenders to fit the same wheel size. The wide tire kit and '06 SE2 are the same fender. The '07 and up have a wider fender and yes you are correct the frame is different to allow for the larger gas tank in the '07 and up models. If you can find some pics in the gallery of an '06 SE2 and an '07 up model and look at the brake light area you will notice the difference in the fenders.

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
The part number for the rear fender of a 2006 VRSCSE2 is: 59361-06BZ_. The blank at the end can be filled with L for orange, O for red, R for yellow.

The turn signal assembly part number is: 69196-03

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, it makes total sense now. I just couldn't understand why there were three fender sizes for two different wheel sizes. That is until you think about the frame and gas tank changes that were made.

Thanks again for all the info! Sucks that the part won't fit my bike, I like it all chrome like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts