Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heeelllllpppppp

:worthless I know this thread is worthless without pics....but im at work and i had just thought of it so im going to try and explain it.
Right above the springs attatched to the rear fender on each side are a black metal piece with a hole on it. Now I use to have saddlebags, and i just took them off, is this piece something that comes with the saddlebags or do all of are bikes have it. I hope this makes sense, i tried my best to explain it.thanks!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
it is the saddle front saddle bag bracket mount the goes in place of the top rear shock nut

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found out what they are, through some research, I just have to figure out how to take them off...can they be taken off without unbolting the shocks? DCP_0656.JPG

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
someone please help!!!!! I have to have these things off by afternoon today....I looked at it again and it looks like the springs have to be taken off, so my question is how do i take off the spring, and is there and special tools that I wil need........

904 Posts
They are installed without removing the shock, so they can be removed the same way. I did mine on a floor stand/lift, just reach in front of the tire and undo the nut from the inside. What I don't remember, though, is if that bracket replaced a factory spacer or anything in there -- in which case you'll need to find the appropriate pieces to restore it to the original configuration? I'll see if I can find the saddlebag instructions to see for sure... ?

·
Resident Tugboat Cpt
4,443 Posts
mpddy01 said:
I found out what they are, through some research, I just have to figure out how to take them off...can they be taken off without unbolting the shocks? View attachment 86099

On my 06 D those are the nuts for the Shocks.

·
Resident Tugboat Cpt
4,443 Posts
VrodG said:
Tha big nut on the bracket are for the shocks?

Yep, atleast it is on mine. Oh, and I still have my saddlebags too.

904 Posts
Check out the saddlebag instructions here

Look on page 4 of the instructions. They talk about "remove and discard" the original nut, being replaced with the saddlebag components. That means you'll have to find new/original-type nuts to put back on when you remove the brackets.

Hope this helps!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts