Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about to order a trackform mount when I noticed warnings of iPhone problems when mounted on motorcycles. I’m looking to safely mount a phone on a 2003 Vrod.
Hoping this forum can shed light on whether this issue is real, if it even applies to vrod’s or if there’s a safe mount out there. Any truth to vibration reducing mounts or even the need for concern?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've had an iPhone mounted on my last three motorcycles, Softail Deuce, Road Glide and V-Rod Muscle. Never a problem. BGTW, I have used mostly Ram mounts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Image quality suffers 'jello' when taking video while in motion, as is common on drone cameras due to vibration without a gimbal. It doesn't hurt the phone.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,197 Posts
YES, YES, YES!!!! I killed two iPhones this past summer while using a Perfect Squeeze mount on my GS. The vibration frequency/harmonic that occurs when the phone's mounted on the handlebar fries the image stabilizer in the camera.

Perfect Squeeze actually makes a widget that attaches to their mount that dampens this particular vibration. I got one a little while back, but since it's in winter and the bike's in storage, I haven't installed it yet. BUT, I won't put Phone #3 in the mount again without the dampener.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,197 Posts
FBI-
That’s a thing? Damn I had no idea. I use the iomount from klockwerks- I’ve used them on 2 different bikes with multiple iPhones and never an issue. Works great to run the GPS. Maybe I’m lucky?

It's absolutely "a thing".

Two second Google Search came up with these.....

https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/60gf8v

Lesson learned in my case-- I got the vibration dampener from Perfect Squeeze and I WILL NOT use a phone mount without it anymore.

R.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts