Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished rebuilding my front calipers and master cylinder yesterday and I when I went to put brake fluid in the system the brake line started leaking!!!!!!!!!

Its the front right caliper, the fitting the banjo bolts goes through. It is leaking where it connects to the flexible hose. That fitting spins freely!!! the rest are rigid!!! Is there any fixing this?????????? or do i have to order a whole new brake line for $169!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!arghhhhhhhhhh

http://www.latus-harley-davidson.com/BRAKE-LINE-FRONT-19.htm

·
Tie One On
1,645 Posts
Sounds like you may need one, but BUT !! Go to your local hydraulics shop like the ones that work on hydraulic jacks and equipment and the can make you one for probably about 20.00

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Time for a new line! But I would get an aftermarket line set, I'm looking for something less industrial looking as I type.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Go to your local hydraulics shop like the ones that work on hydraulic jacks and equipment and the can make you one for probably about 20.00
:them:

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Are you guys kidding about a 20 dollar chicken shit fix on the front brakes?
I sure hope so.
That line on your 02 should be on ebay as a take off for cheap.I run the 05 V-Rod SE line on my 03 because the steel lines are chrome.Brand new from a harley dealer it cost me $119.
Or,you could get a real nice custom line from Barnett.VRSCA (2001-05) NON ABS 211-30-13008 Call and talk with them as they require info on the suspension height.
http://www.barnettclutches.com/contact/
Or,if your local dealer is anything like the one I use,they will stock all the hoses,fittings,seals and a cool splitter and you can make a new one with Goodridge hose parts.

This is the fancy one from Barnett on my 07 X.

Attachments

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
I sure hope so.
That line on your 02 should be on ebay as a take off for cheap.I run the 05 V-Rod SE line on my 03 because the steel lines are chrome.Brand new from a harley dealer it cost me $119.
Or,you could get a real nice custom line from Barnett.VRSCA (2001-05) NON ABS 211-30-13008 Call and talk with them as they require info on the suspension height.
Or,if your local dealer is anything like the one I use,they will stock all the hoses,fittings,seals and a cool splitter and you can make a new one with Goodridge hose parts.

:them: There was a brand new one on ebay just last week although a little more than $20 dollars. I would like to know where people live to be able to get any "industrial" type shop to do anything for $20 other than walk across the shop floor. :confused:

·
Tie One On
1,645 Posts
I sure hope so.

I had a custom line made at my local hydraulic dealers, certified DOT with a stamp and all for 27.00 and is much better looking and made then the OEM lines look.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
I sure hope so.

:them: If any member wants new lines from Barnett just PM me, I can save you money on all of Barnett stuff...

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I had a custom line made at my local hydraulic dealers, certified DOT with a stamp and all for 27.00 and is much better looking and made then the OEM lines look.
Through my eyes,the only lines that looked good from the factory were the 02,03 and 05SE lines.Most of the others looked like they belonged on a pickup truck,or the ones on the late models are color mismatched from the clutch line and they rusted in a few days.
IMO,Goodridge makes the best fluid transfer lines in the world.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts