Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do dealers sell below MSRP? I'm from Northern VA and there are several dealers in the area. The biggest seems to be Patriot Harley in Fairfax City. My experience with motorcycle dealers is that they are pretty firm on their prices which is MSRP. When I'm surfing most of the Harley websites, their new bike prices are not listed and they say to email or call for a quote.

·
09 VRSCDX
22 Posts
Over here in oz,I was told that it's the distributor that sets the price.the dealer must send sales receipt to them for there proof of price.they say it also helps to keep the resale prices up.The dealer can throw things on top as a sweetener,I personally got the reach seat and pegs thrown in and installed.And they still gave me back the original seat and pegs.Try to make them throw something on top to get ur signature,or else u will buy it from another dealer.:deal:

·
revolt on
44 Posts
Over here in oz,I was told that it's the distributor that sets the price.the dealer must send sales receipt to them for there proof of price.they say it also helps to keep the resale prices up.The dealer can throw things on top as a sweetener,I personally got the reach seat and pegs thrown in and installed.And they still gave me back the original seat and pegs.Try to make them throw something on top to get ur signature,or else u will buy it from another dealer.:deal:
when i bought mine i couldnt budge em on the price and all they would give me was a pair of $100 gloves... tightwads.....

·
New but Old!
354 Posts
damond;2027228[B said:
]Do dealers sell below MSRP?[/B] I'm from Northern VA and there are several dealers in the area. The biggest seems to be Patriot Harley in Fairfax City. My experience with motorcycle dealers is that they are pretty firm on their prices which is MSRP. When I'm surfing most of the Harley websites, their new bike prices are not listed and they say to email or call for a quote.
Absolutely.
They will sway with the market/economy and just like car dealers, they are all venomous snakes. You have to have teeth also.
For those who paid sticker you should have "walked" and moved on to a different dealer. They will burn you whenever they can. Forget all the boooshit free service, t-shirts, mugs and whatever else they try to con you with.

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
Absolutely.
They will sway with the market/economy and just like car dealers, they are all venomous snakes. You have to have teeth also.
For those who paid sticker you should have "walked" and moved on to a different dealer. They will burn you whenever they can. Forget all the boooshit free service, t-shirts, mugs and whatever else they try to con you with.
The dealers I have seen all try to sell well above MSRP. That way, when you get them down to MSRP you feel like you have won.

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
I paid less than MSRP two years back. V-Rods being about as popular as snakes in an outhouse, you should be able to cut a deal.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was quoted 13500 plus my taxes with no doc fee, no freight or setup. This was a denim black with no abs or security. so YES, they can go well below MSRP!!!

·
New but Old!
354 Posts
Anyone who pays sticker or more for any bike or car probably owns one of those humongous homes that the taxpayers are paying to bail out of financial trouble! :stooge:

·
boredom kills
2,310 Posts
do yourself a favor and don't go getting all stary eyed over the bike on the dealership floor. If they catch on to any emotion or wishy washyness the price goes up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do dealers sell my car below MSRP? I'm from Northern VA and there are several dealers in the area. The biggest seems to be Patriot Harley in Fairfax City. My experience with motorcycle dealers is that they are pretty firm on their prices which is MSRP. When I'm surfing most of the Harley websites, their new bike prices are not listed and they say to email or call for a quote.
Yes, they are selling below MSRP. And I think they saying to email or call for a quote so that they have a good negotiation. I think they have good motives in saying that. :D

·
05 Blue VRSCSE Owner
179 Posts
I showed this to a buddy of mine (live in Hanford), and he replied "why would you show that to me? I hate you!". Great deal.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
I showed this to a buddy of mine (live in Hanford), and he replied "why would you show that to me? I hate you!". Great deal.
Yeah it is a good deal, wish he would have come out with it before I bought my 06 a week ago... I still would have come out better even with the shipping costs to get it out here... Oh well, day late and dollar short as they say... Somebody is going to get a sweet deal :)...

·
Silver Bullet
540 Posts
A few years ago when there was a 2 year wait for Harley's, you paid at or above MSRP. But today you would be crazy to pay at MSRP. Many dealers do not want to come down quickly on price - they are still drinking the cool aid. But they will come down. The VRods even more so. Not every dealer will deal, but if they won't go deal somewhere else. Too many need the business, the days of giving you the business are over.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts