Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those who installed chrome clutch & brake controls themselves: whenever you get these parts from HD (OEM, not rechrome) do they come with all the internals, i.e. seals, etc.? There's this guy on eBay who I bought a rechromed set from who's now telling me I need seals and stuff and that's how they generally come. I haven't paid him yet so if it turns out he's full of $hit I'll just tell him to go to hell.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Yes they do, put on the new ones and bleed them.

Max

·
V-Rod Addict
466 Posts
Mine also included the new seals.

·
Registered
555 Posts
The rebuild kits are about $40 from the stealer. So if you got a good deal and had to spend the $80 for the guts would it still be a good deal? if so you may want to put the guts inthere yourself. It was VERY simple to do,a nd the kits are a stock item.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The set including the switch housings was $300. At $380 it's not such a hot deal anymore although he said I would only need the seals, everything else is included. I also don't appreciate people not mentioning these things in their auctions. Can the seals be purchased separately?

·
Registered
555 Posts
V-man. You can ask the stealership is the seals are available separately, but it may be smarter to get the kit. It comes pre-assembled with all the seals in place. it comes with the crush washers and spring, plus the lubrication... he would have to send you the master cylinder and the piston and spring which makes NO SENSE BTW in order to just get the seals as you are suggesting.

my :2cents: says you are getting the housing ONLY and NO internals at all.

V-Man said:
The set including the switch housings was $300. At $380 it's not such a hot deal anymore although he said I would only need the seals, everything else is included. I also don't appreciate people not mentioning these things in their auctions. Can the seals be purchased separately?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts