Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what sort of distance should i be able to reach with the 5 gallon tank around town and on trip. what is your experience??

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Cruising on the hwy, I can get 150-160mi out of a tank. Around town, goosing it just for fun and being a general hooligan I get about 120-130mi if I'm lucky.

·
Bad luck depository
545 Posts
145 miles and I fill 3.8 gals, I have never run dry but I figure 180 miles
BTW I drive very nicely!

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
145-150 before I REALLY start looking for petro.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Best i have got with a mix of fast and slow is 300 kms or 185 miles...

Usually have to fill with around 4 litres or a gallon ...

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
most I've put in my tank 4.8 gallons, riding 178 miles. I generally look for gas at 150 miles regardless of in town or highway mileage.

·
puk! puk! puk!
288 Posts
NightMare said:
Cruising on the hwy, I can get 150-160mi out of a tank. Around town, goosing it just for fun and being a general hooligan I get about 120-130mi if I'm lucky.

:them:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
mrfredsporty said:
what sort of distance should i be able to reach with the 5 gallon tank around town and on trip. what is your experience??
That is a loaded question, fuel mileage varies greatly on this bike according to how you ride and what speed your cruising at. If you cruise at 55-60 you can get as much as 5-10 miles to the gallon more then you do if your cruising at 80. Keep track of your mileage for a while and it will give you a good idea how much you use average and then figure on no more then 4.5 gallons. There is no reason to pump the last bit out, it is very hard on submerged electric pumps. I know people run them out all the time but the pumps performance suffers a little each time they do.

·
Registered
683 Posts
still runnin' in the dx, so nothing over 7000 rpm for now, but cruisin around town in dubai (ie up to 115 mph on the highways mixed with stuck in crawling traffic jams) I just topped out today and got 41 mpg. so I guess if I got a 5 gall tank, I'm gettin' 200+
like I say, am not driving like a crazy mf******r, but still......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts