Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a local dealer yesterday for their big Christmas in July sale. I was hoping to check out the new 2008 V-Rods while there. To my surprise, there were no 2008 V-Rods!! Only one 2007 AW. They had all the other 2008 new models on display. This is supposedly the largest HD dealer in the Midwest, so I thought for sure there would be at least a couple 08's there. On another note, I sat on a Buell for the first time. I saw this bright yellow Buell sittin on the floor, so I went to check it out. It is a 2007 Buell XB12R Lightning. I wanted to sit on it, so I threw a leg over and almost went over on it!! I am used to having to muscle the R upright, and this bike is about 200 lbs lighter!! Kinda scared me that it is so light. I went to stand it upright with the usual amount of force required to stand up the R, and almost went over the other way! Anyway, if a salesman had come over I might be riding it right now. Alas, I spent about 10 minutes looking at it and sitting on it yet no one came over to help me.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, just saw my first 2008 V-Rods. I went to another dealer here in town and they had 2 on the floor. There was an AW and the one I almost rode out on. The call to the "Dark Side" almost got me. A Vivid Black D caught my eye. I gotta say, those new wheels on the D are BAD_ASS!!!!!!! They wanted $16,495 for the D, and they REALLY wanted my R because of it's rarity. Still have the R though. All in all, HD did right with the new V-Rods!!

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
streetrodder06 said:
Well, just saw my first 2008 V-Rods. I went to another dealer here in town and they had 2 on the floor. There was an AW and the one I almost rode out on. The call to the "Dark Side" almost got me. A Vivid Black D caught my eye. I gotta say, those new wheels on the D are BAD_ASS!!!!!!! They wanted $16,495 for the D, and they REALLY wanted my R because of it's rarity. Still have the R though. All in all, HD did right with the new V-Rods!!

Those new D wheels are bad ass.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wanted to price them, but the parts dept was so busy I would have had to wait for a while.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Black only, and couldn't get a part number yet.

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
streetrodder06 said:
I wanted to price them, but the parts dept was so busy I would have had to wait for a while.

Dude your not gonna believe it, they are $276.00 each without bearings and sleeves. Thats $552 for the set and $442 if you buy from Hales or Zinotti.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
New wheel time for the R!!!!!

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My staggered 10 spokes are defective, wonder if they will swap them out under warranty :hidesbeh:

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
streetrodder06 said:
My staggered 10 spokes are defective, wonder if they will swap them out under warranty :hidesbeh:

Word out of the factory, these are the lightest wheels they have made to date for the V-rod.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
smoothrod said:
Your sales guys is too lazy, they are on HDnet
I didn't get the opportunity to talk to the parts guy, they were too busy. There is some big thing going on here in KC called the National Biker Roundup, so the HD dealers are busier than ever!

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
smoothrod said:
Word out of the factory, these are the lightest wheels they have made to date for the V-rod.
Does that include the Destroyer three spokes?

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
would be fun to see that!!!

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
If you're seriously considering a Buell - hold off until the 1125's come out. Should be one badazz sportbike.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not sure what I will do. I am a very impulsive person. That is how I ended up with the R!!!

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
smoothrod said:
Thats cheap....Wounder what we have to do to get them to fit our bikes ? Heard they use different size bearings......

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
The beauty of the HD showroom is that it takes me about 10-12 minutes to go through and I NEVER see a Bike I would want let alone want more than the one I came up on. Went in yesterday to see some of the new Vrods, they had none, all the other bikes looked like every other bike BUT the awful Copper Anniver. bike has an Excellent Badge on it. Oh and I sat on a Nightster. Quite possible the worst thing I ever sat on ( That honor used to be tied between the Buell Lightening and the "R" series).

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
luxlamf said:
The beauty of the HD showroom is that it takes me about 10-12 minutes to go through and I NEVER see a Bike I would want let alone want more than the one I came up on. Went in yesterday to see some of the new Vrods, they had none, all the other bikes looked like every other bike BUT the awful Copper Anniver. bike has an Excellent Badge on it. Oh and I sat on a Nightster. Quite possible the worst thing I ever sat on ( That honor used to be tied between the Buell Lightening and the "R" series).
I think we are getting him converted. :hidesbeh: You know that secretly deep down you love the R :hidesbeh:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts