Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 V-Rod, CFR Headers, CFR Fueler, Oberon Slave, Chrome Forks, Chrome Sway, Chrome Calipers.
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2003 V-Rod from National Powersports in New Hampshire. When it arrived in Hayward CA I added the Smart Siren II and realized i needed to discover the code stored on my TSSM. Two months later, several fights with my exgirlfriend, 2 emotional breakdowns,16 45 cal. rounds thru my 1911 on some defenseless firewood(I had to break something)and I finally see the logic in how Harley has the programing set up. On,off,on,off,on,,Left turn twice,, Key fob twice quickly,, then a SINGLE left turn,, is the sequence for setting AND discovering your code.They dont tell you that anywhere. I never did learn my old code, and if you mess with it pushing the controls out of order it is possible to disable the system to where you no longer need the key fob to ride your bike(no turn signal pushing either) in order to reset my system I had to reprogram my key fob as if it were brand new. I had read that if you push the key fob numerous times AWAY from the vehicle it is possible that the fob will fall out of synchronization with the TSSM. well pushing it a bunch of times NEAR the vehicle is even worse. The important thing is you MUST learn your code while you have your fob in your possession, lose it with out knowing your code and you WILL be buying a new TSSM. Realizing that ruined the fun I should have been having as a new Harley Davidson owner.Now that I have that stupid (its really hard for me not to swear here) code I can enjoy how cool I look on my V-Rod. And I dont care how silly that sounds, I have had a very rough last two months

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Yup. When I got my new bike , dealer gave me a card with the pin # . He said don't lose or forget it. Procedure and number burned into my brain now so I don't forget. I did however use the procedure to check if it was actually correct and it was and it was. That needs to be done with the fob present to view the current pin #. Personally I hate the whole security crap, especially the proximity late model version.
Ron

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Your owners manual tells all about setting and retrieving security codes. Read all about it.
GO HERE to get a look at the owners manual. You will need to set up an account and your VIN number to access the site.

Reactions: Jleosnow

·
Registered
642 Posts
Just replace the TSSM with a TSM (no alarm)

·
Premium Member
2003 V-Rod, CFR Headers, CFR Fueler, Oberon Slave, Chrome Forks, Chrome Sway, Chrome Calipers.
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your owners manual tells all about setting and retrieving security codes. Read all about it.
GO HERE to get a look at the owners manual. You will need to set up an account and your VIN number to access the site.
Thank you. sorry I did not respond sooner.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Set up the account and buy the subscription. kind of expensive.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Did not know it was a cost item. Wasn't the last time I used the site.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Did not know it was a cost item. Wasn't the last time I used the site.
Its not. You don't even need to create an account. You just type in your VIN, it gives you the bike info. You click on documents on the left, then owners manual and it opens up.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its not. You don't even need to create an account. You just type in your VIN, it gives you the bike info. You click on documents on the left, then owners manual and it opens up.
Yes you are right, I figured anybody with 11,000 posts must know what they are talking about, so I put a little more effort into it and I was able to access the owners manual(I bought the Service Manual before the bike had even arrived from New Hampshire) and a great deal of other fantastic information, thank you very very much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts