Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a Denim Black/Orange VRSCDX, wouldn't mind an 08+ Vivid/Orange but for a couple grand I figure I may as well get the new one. My question is regarding dealers, is it typical to pay MSRP or can better deals be found? I emailed a dealer in Indy that has the bike I want and did the credit app and all that and was ready to buy but he wouldn't deal at all. I just can't pay full retail for anything so I told him I would let him know. Anyone know of a dealer in the Indy/Dayton/Cinci area that is easy to deal with? How much can I expect to negotiate on the price? I'll introduce myself while I'm at it as I'm sure I'll be around here a lot in the future, I'm a long time member over at R1 forums and have been riding R1s since 01 and had a few Buells as well along the way. Ready for something a bit more comfortable for the long hauls but still want something athletic and I really prefer HD, I hope the Night Rod Special makes me as happy as the R1 has all these years. Heres my other ride..

https://picasaweb.google.com/jordanwadle/2007YamahaR1#

·
Registered
342 Posts
Baxter's HD in Gallipolis, Oh usually deals pretty well. Friend of mine just went to look at an "ultra" and they came down 2K. Owner said he would deal 2K on MSRP for any bike. It's about 3 hours from Cincy. I've also heard Man O War in Lexington, Ky will deal off MSRP. The night rod is DEFINITELY NOT on par with R1 performance but they are two totally different style bikes. You'll love the night rod once you've rode it for awhile though. Much more comfortable than a cafe racer style bike.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Baxter's HD in Gallipolis, Oh usually deals pretty well. Friend of mine just went to look at an "ultra" and they came down 2K. Owner said he would deal 2K on MSRP for any bike. It's about 3 hours from Cincy. I've also heard Man O War in Lexington, Ky will deal off MSRP. The night rod is DEFINITELY NOT on par with R1 performance but they are two totally different style bikes. You'll love the night rod once you've rode it for awhile though. Much more comfortable than a cafe racer style bike.
Thanks for the info :cheers:

I'm keeping the R1 so I can still get my fix, but I need something more comfortable. My whole family rides HDs and they're always taking weekend trips and what not and I just can't do it on the sportbike. I'll contact those dealers and see what I can come up with, thanks again!

·
Beach Bum
2,189 Posts
Way back in 2004 I bought two different new v-rods, the first I talked them down $1000 and the second I talked them down $1000 plus they threw in $1000 worth of accessories AND they installed them.

Another friend bought a 2004 B model and got about $1400 off.

And this was way back in 2004 when you just couldn't find deals.

Today most dealers can't give away V-Rods, I would think you could get a huge deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts