Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '06 VRSCA with stock handlebars. I want to put drag bars on it but, HD discontinued theirs for this bike. I am totally confused about A and B types!! All I know is the risers and bars are one piece and I need bars that are about 1" forward and down. How tall are the risers on my bike? Can I go with seperate risers with any type bar? I need to still be able to fit my gauge cluster in the original location. HELP!!

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
the difference in the A and B risers is that the B has actual risers that you can put on any bar you want, the A's are welded on. You can buy a B riser and clamshell and put it on your bike and then you'd be able to put whatever bars you want. Or you'd have to cut the weld on the A bars and weld back on different bars.

google cyclesmith I think they have a few different kind of bars for the A model, or use the search tool here and look for cyclesmith bars and you'll see a few probably but they aren't drag bars.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
codester0111 said:
I have a '06 VRSCA with stock handlebars. I want to put drag bars on it but, HD discontinued theirs for this bike. I am totally confused about A and B types!! All I know is the risers and bars are one piece and I need bars that are about 1" forward and down. How tall are the risers on my bike? Can I go with seperate risers with any type bar? I need to still be able to fit my gauge cluster in the original location. HELP!!

yes they are discontinued...however,check around online as MANY MANY dealers have these still as old stock...I just got a set from chicago HD,you can also try surdyke(spelling?).....or just try emailing the part number to several dealers until you find them.....I sold mine to another member on here,as I didnt use them.

If you remove your A/AW bars....please PM me,as I am looking for stock A/AW bars....

this really is the easiest cheapest thing to do,and they look nice as they hide the wires....any other bar from a B or D or DX....will result in having to change the entire clamshell setup to clamp down risers....which will cost alot...and IMO the clamshell looks nicer then the clamp down on the Bs...

Dan

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
The part number for the HD drag bars is 56528-02. The parts manager at my local dealer looked on his computer and was able to tell me what other dealer had a set of these bars. I drove to the other dealer and picked them up the next day. :)

·
Fitzy - 1302
1,075 Posts
codester0111 said:

Put part #56027-05dh which is the black b riser with flanders drag bar part# ds 300-111 and your done! Look at my post on drag bars.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
if all else fails... i may end up selling my hd drag bars... i had them on my bike for about a month

1 - 7 of 7 Posts