Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I bought a 02 V-ROD and a friend of mine caught something I didn’t see before. He said the front and rear tire of my bike looks worn out more than the 1,800 miles on it. How could he be so sure i asked myself????
He sells tires for a living. NOW IM CONCERNED??
Is there a way you can disconnect the mileage reading off of one of these bikes? If so - HOW....???
That way I can check for loose connections and tampering around the area where it can be done. I spoke to the guy who I bought the bike from and he denied it of course. I ran a carfax and a DMV D.O.L. which revealed a clean good mileage history.
So, my only thing now is to see what I can get from this forum.
Thanks

·
V-Rod Addict
466 Posts
It was probably just ridden pretty hard. The only way to stop the odometer is to remove the fuse that works the instrumentation. I've never done this, but it works on cars so I'm assuming it would work on a bike too.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Maybe he traded tires with someone? just a thought
Greg

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Pull your cluster out or exchange it with another and ride all you want. The milage is recorded on the cluster. However 3k is all I got out of my first set of tires so if they are about half worn that would be about right if they ride like I do.

Max

·
MARK
644 Posts
uncledee2 If I remember corectly you are not to far away from my repair shop in the bronx. I will be happy to give you an opinion
shop phone # 718 601 3371 my name is mark I am there 6:30am- 5:00pm m&t thur,fri saturday 7am till noon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.